AEM HD Water/Meth kit

blos101

Life Saver
Is this kit able to handle between 50-60 psi boost pressure? I've tried to get ahold of this company but that seems to be a loss at the least. Aparently no place that sells them knows anything either because they just give me AEM's phone number:nail::bs:

Ok, the 250 psi outlet pump is suppose to handle over 60 psi boost pressure so it will work.

I'm at that crossroad now.
I have been running two 250 pumps & one started leaking.
I moving on to

Quote:
the Scheid Water Pump is alot bigger than the RV Style Water Pumps that come with the Snow and other water systems. It can put out up to 1,000psi versus about 200-220psi for those RV style water pumps.

Hey John!

Is the Scheid pump with reservoir something similar to this?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9764_200329764

This is a made in the USA pump with integrated 2 1/2 gallon reservoir capable of 1.4 GPM and 1,600 psi...from the Devil's Own calculator, that would be very capable of feeding 700+ hp at 4,000 rpm and 60 psi boost.

An additional 4 gallon reservoir is available for $82.

I'm somewhat contemplating going with a pump like this and about 10 gallon reservoir. Combined with a set of 4 - 6 high pressure fogging nozzles, it would run around $500.

I think it would be fairly easy to combine this with a progressive controller and solenoids from your company of choice.

Going this route, you'd probably have $1,000 in the system, which is right at the price of a good Snow unit. However, it would be a 1,600 psi capable system with true fogging nozzles and progressive control for towing/performance/etc.

Thoughts?

--Eric

One 250 with one 14 GP nozzle bring you down to about 130 psi - any check valve in system so your down to about 110 psi .
Now factor in 60 or 70 pounds of boost.
You can see where Im going with this.
IMO one 250 pump is definently not enough.
And two 250 pumps isnt even enough.

Im trying to put a system together using a pump similar to the northern pump.
they cost about 350.00 .
Im trying to design the system to allow for low boost psi 200 and a high boost circuit 300psi using 2 flow control valves & 2 solenoids.
Most of the parts are available through northern tool.

I'm at that crossroad now.
I have been running two 250 pumps & one started leaking.
I moving on to

Quote:
the Scheid Water Pump is alot bigger than the RV Style Water Pumps that come with the Snow and other water systems. It can put out up to 1,000psi versus about 200-220psi for those RV style water pumps.

Hey John!

Is the Scheid pump with reservoir something similar to this?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9764_200329764

This is a made in the USA pump with integrated 2 1/2 gallon reservoir capable of 1.4 GPM and 1,600 psi...from the Devil's Own calculator, that would be very capable of feeding 700+ hp at 4,000 rpm and 60 psi boost.

An additional 4 gallon reservoir is available for $82.

I'm somewhat contemplating going with a pump like this and about 10 gallon reservoir. Combined with a set of 4 - 6 high pressure fogging nozzles, it would run around $500.

I think it would be fairly easy to combine this with a progressive controller and solenoids from your company of choice.

Going this route, you'd probably have $1,000 in the system, which is right at the price of a good Snow unit. However, it would be a 1,600 psi capable system with true fogging nozzles and progressive control for towing/performance/etc.

Thoughts?

--Eric

One 250 with one 14 GP nozzle bring you down to about 130 psi - any check valve in system so your down to about 110 psi .
Now factor in 60 or 70 pounds of boost.
You can see where Im going with this.
IMO one 250 pump is definently not enough.
And two 250 pumps isnt even enough.

Im trying to put a system together using a pump similar to the northern pump.
they cost about 350.00 .
Im trying to design the system to allow for low boost psi 200 and a high boost circuit 300psi using 2 flow control valves & 2 solenoids.
Most of the parts are available through northern tool.

I would like to see what you came up with, and if you like the setup.

Back