Big cam cummins mods gov spring

BigJake

I was wondering if there is any place around that still sells governor springs for these big cams. I've heard of the all popular purple spring but can't seem to find one. I understand I could shim the spring but I'm not going to get the same result as changing the spring. I've ready drilled the ball out on the shaft and installed a #5 button. Also I have a ht4b on my truck as well. This truck is just a toy I take to shows and fairs and the most I will prolly tow with it is my pulling tractor. Thanks hope someone can send me in the right direction.

I can get you the spring. Shims too. I'll need to dig up the part number. I'll sift through my 1980 something memory chip. We should have one here. It might be dusty though. LOL

I was wondering if there is any place around that still sells governor springs for these big cams. I've heard of the all popular purple spring but can't seem to find one. I understand I could shim the spring but I'm not going to get the same result as changing the spring. I've ready drilled the ball out on the shaft and installed a #5 button. Also I have a ht4b on my truck as well. This truck is just a toy I take to shows and fairs and the most I will prolly tow with it is my pulling tractor. Thanks hope someone can send me in the right direction.

What you need is a 0 button, and 3/32 drill bit through the center of the 0 button, about a 1/4 inch stack of shims then stretch the crap out of the spring you have. That will get you fire out of 13'6 stacks at about 2300rpm. Follow instructions at your own risk but i guarantee it will run good, may not run long but will make a great toy.:ft::rockwoot:

recommend doing this with NO pyro for full effect.

I can get you the spring. Shims too. I'll need to dig up the part number. I'll sift through my 1980 something memory chip. We should have one here. It might be dusty though. LOL

Sorry I don't get on here that much. But that would be great of you could get me a spring and shims. Just pm me what you want for them. And to the best of my knowledge to make a zero button I've heard of filling in the hole with weld since the smaller the hole it raised the fuel pressure. Does this sound right to you? I've never heard of drilling a hole through it.

Sorry I don't get on here that much. But that would be great of you could get me a spring and shims. Just pm me what you want for them. And to the best of my knowledge to make a zero button I've heard of filling in the hole with weld since the smaller the hole it raised the fuel pressure. Does this sound right to you? I've never heard of drilling a hole through it.

0 button has no hole, gives you most fuel, high rpm spring is from 903.

Back