Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Wiring a Airdog Raptor 150

As the title says I'm interested to know how to wire an Raptor 150 to my Kenworth.

I have a spare pump that came off of my 2000 VP truck and I want to wire it up for a secondary transfer pump for my 855. I have a spare switch in the dash, that I'm hoping I can use. I'll pull power from the fuse panel and use the switch to ground the circuit. Will I need any relays or will this pump work like any other, supply power and ground and off we go?

I'm only going to use this when I pull, so I wont need the pump to shut off with the key or prim when the key is turned on.

Thanks.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
There is a relay on the harness. The relay gets power directly from the battery and sends power directly to the air dog (raptor). I think the main power wires are yellow and red on the harness with the relay. Then you need a ground to the pump motor obviously. Then all you need is to send a key switch on wire to the relay and ground the relay itself. Sounds complicated but it isn't. A relay is just a remotely controlled switch essentially. It makes it so you can run heavier gauge wire directly from the source to the load and use a lighter gauge wire to switch it on and off.

If you just want to make your own harness then you can do it without the relay but it uses more heavy gauge wiring. Run some fairly heavy wire to the switch, send the power out from the switch to the pump. Ground the pump. I think the connector at the pump is a 2 pin deutsch connector IIRC. NAPA can get you the pins and receptacle if you wanted to keep it all clean and factory looking. Otherwise you can just snip and butt connect that chit!

North American Turbo

Last edited by zfaylor; 06-13-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Good deal. I figured I could just wire a simple on off switch. I'll only be using this for 300 feet at time. Just when I pull up to the line...

Closed Thread