Full electronic 48re valve body

BuiltDifferent

I'm putting a 48RE behind a gasoline 440 and was going to use the AntEater pro to control it but from first hand accounts, it will shift like absolute trash.
SunCoast and PCS make a full electronic Valvebody that can be controlled using MegaSquirt 3, which i am going to be using for my full sequential.
Has anyone done this?
If so, can they point me to the thread? I can't seem to use the search feature. It closes as my mobile keyboard opens.
I had a custom weighted Valvebody built by Steven Abdoo and I really don't want to can it.
Thank you in advance.

I had the regular Anteater before the pro, and couldn't have been happier with it. Worked perfect.

try the new Bosch system? cant recall what its called at the moment...

try the new Bosch system? cant recall what its called at the moment...

I have only seen 2 full electronic valve bodies for the 48re. ATS and Suncoast. Everyone who has the Suncoast won't get rid of it. That's saying something. If you remember, I'm open to ideas.

How was the shift quality for daily driving? Were the shifts really firm? I don't want to jar my RV through every shift.

Absolutely fine. I kept the TV lever operational, it was just a mild work truck. It took some trial an error playing with the settings, but turned out almost perfect.
I sold the truck to a friend 3 yrs ago, he's still happy with the trans setup.

Absolutely fine. I kept the TV lever operational, it was just a mild work truck. It took some trial an error playing with the settings, but turned out almost perfect.
I sold the truck to a friend 3 yrs ago, he's still happy with the trans setup.

Awesome. I just got notice of my transmission needing to be picked up tomorrow.

How was the shift quality for daily driving? Were the shifts really firm? I don't want to jar my RV through every shift.

Firm shifts are not related to the anteater. It simply controls when a gear change is supposed to happen. The tv lever is what controls pressure and how something feels when it shifts.

You said custom weighted valve body. What are you referring to? The RH uses the fly weights to control the shifts in a hydraulic manner rather then electronic like the RE models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took this photo for unrelated purposed, but it's an example of a smooth shifting tune.
The shift harshness is directly correlated to the shift point, engine speed and their relationship to the torque curve.
638bccd9ae9547a53aa638c0e5e9c7ef.jpg

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Back