Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
zukman86

Name: zukman86
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Airdog II issues

I am just finishing my 12v 2.6 Build and have installed a airdog II. I am not familar with this pumps but I just have a few questions. When I start the pump I am getting a noise coming from the injection pump like Air or fuel is running through it very fast. Is this normal? I spoke with Pureflow and they say it should not make anynoise. The pressure I can not turn down less than 35 PSI also. I have return from pump going back down the factory fuel return to tank and the return from airdog returning to fuel filler neck. I know I want to replace OFC for top end performance but is the stock one popping to quick? Please give me your input. Here are a few videos with fuel pressure guage connected in different locations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovTMcXbLzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssIY-405-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_Rtg48iWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9uPOUF8Jx4

Thanks Guys...I think I posted these links right if not I will attach differently

Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
zukman86

Member`s Gallery
Alot of views but no replys......is this normal? Others have this condition....is it a problem or just run it? I know I will want a tork tek OFC when I start running it but should I be having noise at the injection pump like this?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
ARbowhunter7

Name: ARbowhunter7
Title: Opulence...I Has It.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukman86 View Post
Alot of views but no replys......is this normal? Others have this condition....is it a problem or just run it? I know I will want a tork tek OFC when I start running it but should I be having noise at the injection pump like this?
Mine does the same thing. I think it's the sound the OFV makes when it sends fuel back to the tank. It would make sense, because its just a ball/spring. When the pressure gets high enough, fuel just sprays past it. There's potential for some noise there if the truck is off.

Also, are you trying to adjust the pressure below 30 psi with the engine off? If so, that could be why it won't go below 30 psi...adjust the regulator to desired PSI while the truck is running.

EDIT: Just saw third vid.... holy chit, that pump should not be that loud (or be making that squealing sound) Something's going on with that.

Last edited by ARbowhunter7; 10-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
zukman86

Member`s Gallery
Thank you for reply....That is what I was thinking about the ofc with the spring and ball. When I start the truck the pressure only goes up? I was told by Airdog the pressure when the pump is all the way backed off should be about 22 psi. I can not get it that low. Yeah the pump sounds like it is sucking air. With air in the system this could cause the pressure spike that I am seeing I believe.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
copenglenn

Name: copenglenn
Title: It's beer 30
Member`s Gallery
The Airdog should sound about like it does in the first two videos. The metal bracket on the frame seems to make the motor noise resonate and be louder than it actually is. It's amazing what a little bit of rubber can do to keep noise down.

It should not be making that squeaking noise in the third video. Sounds like the pump is really working hard. Did you install the draw straw for the fuel pickup?

The noise at the injection pump is normal, mine sounded like that too. I went with a Tork Tek ofv which is a fixed orifice and no moving parts and it still made that sound like fuel bypassing the pump.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
zukman86

Member`s Gallery
Thank you! The noise in the 3rd video was werid normally does not do that. Yes the drop tube is installed. I am going to run it I think everything is good. I will get back on this topic after I start driving to see if I am having issues on performance. what kind of pressure are you guys pushing into injection pump? Is to much bad?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
copenglenn

Name: copenglenn
Title: It's beer 30
Member`s Gallery
40 psi out of an AD150 all day, everyday.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
ARbowhunter7

Member`s Gallery
I run 40

Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
zukman86

Member`s Gallery
Airdog send me a hole new pump and base assembly to try because they did not like the sound of the pump. This one does not make the noise at the injection pump and it is much much quieter! I have not done any pressure check on this system yet but it almost seems like it is not pumping as much fuel. They said they checked this one in house before they shipped it to me but when I got it it say its only a DF-165 on the base. I called them today and they said its the same base for both but they put the 200 motor on it? All thats different is the motor? You would think the base and the pump would be larger?

Jake

Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
ARbowhunter7

Member`s Gallery
Every AD I've seen is the same size. I'd imagine that Class 8 one is bigger, though.

Closed Thread