Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #21
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
Harmonic damping is critical on any motor, and especially on an inline 6. I run a ATI dampener, and it was amazing the difference, the “TING TING TING in the front gear train disappeared immediately. I can feel a difference on the ramp up to gear change, where the whole drive line is smother. I don’t like weight, but that was 10 extra pounds I would not do with out. ATI dose make a aluminum hub for a little extra if you want,, this is the one that 100% of all NASCAR’s run , even when other brands are offered free, and ATI charges for them.
True -but please note these don't have the pulley for the serpentine belt, this ATI is a race only set-up. I'm not aware if they have one for a street truck as of yet..... But I like ATI Super Dampers and use them even on my gasser engines. I never tried a Fluidamper, so I can't share any experiences with them.. I'm sure its a good piece as well.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
JJeepyjohn

Name: JJeepyjohn
Title: Make Me Fries
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billysgoat
John, if you don't tell what went on behind the camper at the TS race, I won't tell either.......Mr. Hoover
Well I guess I wont tell. Cause I dont remember. I was even better at Indy...You must be fantisizing(spelling) again..
Police Interceptor Pkg.
1999 Dodge 2500 QC 2wd
COMPETITIONDIESEL.COM
1998 Ranger Interceptor 6BT
FIREPUNK Golden Nugget Competition Stage1
DPC Billet Triple Disc Converter

Last edited by Billysgoat; 07-28-2006 at 05:54 PM. Reason: For the truth shall set you free :D

Old 08-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #23
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie
True -but please note these don't have the pulley for the serpentine belt, this ATI is a race only set-up. I'm not aware if they have one for a street truck as of yet..... But I like ATI Super Dampers and use them even on my gasser engines. I never tried a Fluidamper, so I can't share any experiences with them.. I'm sure its a good piece as well.
Actually, ATI's ship with a separate pulley, but the pulley has a Cummins part number stamped on it. It works with the stock belt, but not with the stock fan. I had to go to a dual electric fan setup. You can almost see it sneaking out from behind the AC condensor:
Click the image to open in full size.

You also need to figure out a tach pickup for 12v's. I used an ISSPRO R8912 and spliced into the factory harness. It's a beautiful piece and SFI approved. And twice the cost of a Fluidampr.

bnraodn.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #24
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
thank for the info! Nice pic too.

Closed Thread