Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2022, 09:08 PM   #1
szwayka111

Name: szwayka111
Title: Rookie
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5
Can't stay on top of the charger please help

Hi guy
So I'm having a really hard time with my 2.6 pulling truck to stay on top of the charger and I was wondering what should be my next move so I'm not just throw money around with no real plan I have a Columbus diesel built hx60 map groove 2.6 charger i have 5x22 injectors and a 12mm pump that flows around 700cc
I can not run nitrous I have 33x12.50 sts tires and 4.56 gears with an nv4500 if I run 4th gear it falls off the charger and if I run 3rd gear its on the 6k governer I have the timing set at 30 because it has stock rod any information on what i can do or what I should change would be greatly appreciated
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #2
Carbur8tr

Name: Carbur8tr
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 63
Have you tried moving the timing up or down? If so did it help in either direction?

Whos DVs are you running and have your tried a different set?
__________________
01, 110lb springs, studs, Gen 1 Airdog,60/68/14 non-gated, BD intercooler,DFI 7x.009, HO*VP, Carli 3' coils and control arms, DT ProFab trac bar, Red Head Steering gear, steering stabilizer, maxx links,*08.5 steering upgrade
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:42 PM   #3
takedown95
 
takedown95's Avatar

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2011
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 2,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by szwayka111 View Post
Hi guy
So I'm having a really hard time with my 2.6 pulling truck to stay on top of the charger and I was wondering what should be my next move so I'm not just throw money around with no real plan I have a Columbus diesel built hx60 map groove 2.6 charger i have 5x22 injectors and a 12mm pump that flows around 700cc
I can not run nitrous I have 33x12.50 sts tires and 4.56 gears with an nv4500 if I run 4th gear it falls off the charger and if I run 3rd gear its on the 6k governer I have the timing set at 30 because it has stock rod any information on what i can do or what I should change would be greatly appreciated
How many RPMs are you running down the track and do you know your boost pressure and back pressure?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 04:18 PM   #4
Snedge
 
Snedge's Avatar

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western Pa.
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 18,269
Had it previously run well with the same set-up ?

Is this a 12 valve or P-pumped ISB ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:43 PM   #5
szwayka111

Name: szwayka111
Title: Rookie
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5
I have it set at 30 of timing which I am thinking I will bump if up to 33 or 34 but it has a set of stock rods so I dont want to go over 35. I am running antrim diesels full cut dv's. I leave the line around 5500 rpms and it will pull it down around 4800 going down the track till the grousers come down then it falls right on its face. And no I have just put this setup together also I forgot to mention it has a full race ported head with a side draft and a 212/234 cam
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #6
Rich dzl
 
Rich dzl's Avatar

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 731
I had the same issue and a 13mm pump fixed the issue ..
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #7
Carbur8tr

Name: Carbur8tr
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Jul 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by szwayka111 View Post
I have it set at 30 of timing which I am thinking I will bump if up to 33 or 34 but it has a set of stock rods so I dont want to go over 35. I am running antrim diesels full cut dv's. I leave the line around 5500 rpms and it will pull it down around 4800 going down the track till the grousers come down then it falls right on its face. And no I have just put this setup together also I forgot to mention it has a full race ported head with a side draft and a 212/234 cam

Little bit of timing might help but sounds like you might be out of fuel. How clean is the stack?

Im assuming youve tried a different gear?
__________________
01, 110lb springs, studs, Gen 1 Airdog,60/68/14 non-gated, BD intercooler,DFI 7x.009, HO*VP, Carli 3' coils and control arms, DT ProFab trac bar, Red Head Steering gear, steering stabilizer, maxx links,*08.5 steering upgrade
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 10:28 AM   #8
szwayka111

Name: szwayka111
Title: Rookie
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbur8tr View Post
Little bit of timing might help but sounds like you might be out of fuel. How clean is the stack?

Im assuming youve tried a different gear?
I have tried running third low and it was right on the governor at 6 grand. The smoke cleans up some but I dont think its running out of fuel. It has about a 6 inch candle so I think timing could be a little low
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #9
szwayka111

Name: szwayka111
Title: Rookie
Status: Not Here
Join Date: Aug 2013
Member`s Gallery
Posts: 5
Here is a video of it running down the trackhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/632f2b0b...4767802851.mp4

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

 


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 - 2022, CompetitionDiesel.com
all information found on this site is property of www.competitiondiesel.com