question for idaho rob..

Johnskx125

I have a 2008 Lmm chev d-max cclb 3500 with a dsp5 switch with your tunes on it, Full 5 inch exhaust with dpf delete, AFE intake and Efi live. i got all of it installed by matt @ siskiyou diesel in Mt Shasta.. This truck is a monster with all the power it has.
I only drive around now in position 1 cause it sucks at diesel MPG. Do u have a better tune for This longbed 1 ton in Mpg wise? seems i am getting 14 to 16mpg most of the time, never ever been able to get better than 17.. I have 2 other d-maxs (2002,2003) and they get around 18 to 24mpg.. Another note was that on the highway at faster speeds and more Rpms i was getting better fuel mileage just by what the dash was saying.. Is it possible to get better fuel mileage out of this 1 ton.. I love towing with this truck more than my older d-maxs. let me know
thanks
johnskx125

I have one of my customer's CCLB dually LMM running Rob's tunes. The best he get's is prob 18 on the highway. Pretty good if you ask me, for a 2010 dually 4wd truck.

I have an 08 LMM with Efilive tuning and it averages around 17-18mpg. They just don't get the mileage like the older generations of dmax's do

from my experience I find that if I drive 70-75mph vs 60mph I actually see better mileage. It seems to me that the double overdrive makes the engine lug to much at lower cruising speeds hurting the mileage

Ive had a quadzilla, edge evo race, ppe hot +2, and now efi live on my LMM. Best I've ever gotten is 18.55 hand calculated. That was with stock wheels and 285 BFGs. Now that I have a wheel/tire combo on it, the best I can get is 18.1. That's only if I drive real easy and most of the tank is driven 55-60 mph. Mixed driving I average 15-16. 9-10mpg while towing my pulling truck. Throw anything but hand calculated numbers out the window. At the shop I hear people all the time talk about getting 25mpg in the cummins/duramax. I'll believe it when I see it. Most people get up to cruising speed, reset their MPG on the dash, and then go off of what that says :nail:

I have also seen some tunes that have the speedo off by 5mph or more and it gives the driver an inflated MPG number.

We have 20's with 285/55/20 AT tires, no lift. Only mods are EFI and 5" SS TBE. I'm sure I can get 19-20 straight highway. The tank I got 18.3 on had 10-15 WOT runs and a little city driving. That was hand calculated.

Im curious how many of you guys make sure your tire sizes are correct in your tunes before you calc your mileages?

Im curious how many of you guys make sure your tire sizes are correct in your tunes before you calc your mileages?

Mine is programmed with EFI, but most trucks have larger than stock tires, which will make your hand calculated results look worse than they actually are.

Back