Rear disc swap keeps breaking caliper bolts

Same diameter they are the big diameter up to the threads and jam this way to the bracket. Are they stronger, I would say yes as the load area is bigger. The brake load should be on the ears on each side of the brake caliper. Are they a snug fit when you put the caliper down in the bracket? If not no bolt sticking out will hold the load. T

Where the bracket hits the caliper to take the load needs to be tight but not tight enough to bind. I have run beads on loose ones and ground them down to make them work on worn ones. I've put these brackets and brakes on lots of vehicles and a trailer with no problems except on the trailer which didn't have enough room to clear the frame right and hit the calipers. Hope this helps, Gary

I believe those are mid 70's Cadillac Eldorado calipers. Harder bolts are not the solution. Need to pull the wheel off and inspect everything. I ran that setup for a few months. I didn't care for them one bit, mostly the weak service brake.

Found the place I had purchased mine from.
http://www.tsmmfg.com/2682N.htm

Closest I could find on their site, but that caliper does not have the service brake.

3150747_orig.jpg

My apologies, I just noticed this. That setup looks awesome, I may just switch to that when the time comes to change everything.

Back