Single good for 9s?

SPEEDSHIFT

I am starting to plan my next upgrade and I would like to take my 6500lb truck into the high 9s on fuel with a max effort tune. I dont see this FI476/87/1.1 doing it so I am looking for advice on which large single to go with to get me there.

I would be looking for something to support about 1400hp and preferably not require a spool jet. I do currently run a 2800 stall converter on my 5.9l, I was assuming something in the S480-S488 range. Keeping the T4 flange would be a plus.

I am currently looking at 350-400% injectors to fuel it.

Last edited:
I would think a 476 could do it,

Are you dead set on a FI turbo?

Im sure it could in a lighter truck or on the verge of over speeding it. It would take around 1400hp to get my 6500lb truck into the 9s, so I need quite a bit of air.

Im not married to any company, thats just who I called. They have been good to me so far.

I am not sure why people under size the hell out of their turbo.

Go HX60..... Or GT55.....

Robust frames that will actually support the power.

Danville has had great luck with the stainless 485 5 blades, Mark recommends jumping to a large Garrett if looking for more.

1400 to the tire, fuel-only with reliability is 175 lb+ territory in my book, that means GTX55 88mm. You'd be surprised how well a GT55 spools compared to oversized compressor lugging s400 turbine.

1400 to the tire, fuel-only with reliability is 175 lb+ territory in my book, that means GTX55 88mm. You'd be surprised how well a GT55 spools compared to oversized compressor lugging s400 turbine.

Especially in the tighter 1.15.

I believe it's called "kipping" the turbo is what ones trying to avoid!:nos::ft:

I dont have much experience with Garret stuff, but arent they pretty expensive? Somewhere around $3500?

Garrett turbine housings are expensive, you'll end up in the 4k range on a GTX55 with a turbine housing. But, it'll likely outlast your engine or two or 3, don't ask me how I know!!!

Back