Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #41
Trapper

Name: Trapper
Title: Hater
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like he insisted on fly cut pistons because the valves can hit, Its not a 5k springs more like 6k? then I dropped his call a few more time and instead of bothering him more on the phone I will get with him some other time. Maybe pick his brain at the next event?

Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #42
Trapper

Name: Trapper
Title: Hater
Member`s Gallery
TooMuchBoost great new aviator

Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #43
wildmanben

Name: wildmanben
Title: Farmboy...
Member`s Gallery
Well keep us updated. Will these springs work equally well on 160 pumps vs 215 pumps?

Country Performance Diesel
PureFlow Technologies
Southbend Clutch
Bullseye Power
JL Machine
Fluidampr

Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #44
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem
Edit, I'll wait to comment. What RPM do you think the automotive P7100 can produce?
1 billion RPM. I'm curious too... does the violent accumulation of RPM cause the valves to be intimate with the pistons?

brandon.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #45
DavidTD

Name: DavidTD
Title: DPM
Member`s Gallery
Guys, these springs would allow more than 5k rpm should a driveline part fail. If the engine didn't have the valvetrain and/or valve to piston clearance, contact between valves and pistons would result. Jeff's kit contains new retainers and springs. To my knowledge, Jeff doesn't intend to sell them outside of his shop for the above reason.

I actually don't run them in my truck for this reason as well. I have 60lb springs but factory pistons. I don't want to risk engine damage if I were to break something and over rev it.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #46
oldsmokey97

Name: oldsmokey97
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
soooo........ us with "factory" engine internals can NOT run this spring set-up????

I was really really thinking of doing these springs but I dont want to risk engine damage while running them.

so whats the verdict.

Lance

Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #47
turbomatt1

Name: turbomatt1
Title: Design Limit Investigator
Member`s Gallery
well...Jeff's already mad at me for "letting the cat out O the bag" on these springs, as it really was his intent to only sell these with an install, for a number of reasons..... so I prob. should not add this to the thread, but, my truck has stock 160 pump, pistons & original valve springs with 250k miles on them, & it works Awesome.
He did say something about, If I broke an input shaft, I would crash valves.... so I installed a Billet, shot peened input shaft, & a steel 4 pinnion front planet that same day.
So I guess what it boils down to is, if you want a cheap couple of extra HP, buy something else. If you are serious about Hauling ass with a Cummins....Go see Jeff. He'll tell you if your ready for these...or not.
Thats one of the best things about Garmons Diesel performance... as well as being the undisputed Cummins King....Jeff WILL warn you when your about to screw the chicken ;-)

The king (Elvis?) speaks here:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...ead.php?t=7380
"Single turbo all diesel trailer toter"
2008 NHRDA Div.4 Super Street Champion.
http://www.myspace.com/turbomatt1

Last edited by turbomatt1; 02-20-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #48
diesel_ram_man

Name: diesel_ram_man
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTD
Guys, these springs would allow more than 5k rpm should a driveline part fail. If the engine didn't have the valvetrain and/or valve to piston clearance, contact between valves and pistons would result. Jeff's kit contains new retainers and springs. To my knowledge, Jeff doesn't intend to sell them outside of his shop for the above reason.

I actually don't run them in my truck for this reason as well. I have 60lb springs but factory pistons. I don't want to risk engine damage if I were to break something and over rev it.
So are you saying if you got your pistons fly cut you would be able to run these springs safetly? or do you need all new pistons?

2008 6.7 G56, EFI by Anarchy S465

2006 5.9 CCSB Race truck

Old 05-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #49
turbomatt1

Name: turbomatt1
Title: Design Limit Investigator
Member`s Gallery
I haven't had any issues running them with my stock valve springs, but a set of performance valve springs would be good insurance.
"Single turbo all diesel trailer toter"
2008 NHRDA Div.4 Super Street Champion.
http://www.myspace.com/turbomatt1

Old 05-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #50
JerrodGlover

Name: JerrodGlover
Title: Pulling God
Member`s Gallery
I was lucky enough to get a set of these and man are they nice. cant say thanks enough to The Jeff Garmon.

Closed Thread