Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
BEN1234

Name: BEN1234
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Just bought a 95

I just bought a 95 2500 single cab 4x4 auto cummins diesel. I need some suggestions on some mods. So after the kdp, gauges, and tranny i need some more power. I don't want to spend that much$$$$. I was thinking a "0" plate, afc spring kit, rack plug, boost elbow, either a 16 or 18.5 cm housing, and some 022 delivery valves. How much hp would that set up make and how much would it make with a small set of injector like 300's. Also with the 022's some say to machine the holders out does anyone have a pic of a machined holder and a stock one. And how much would a shop charge to edm my stock injectors and where could i get this done, and i when they do that do they add more holes or just make the one's there bigger?

Thanks
Ben

Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
BUCKSHOT

Name: BUCKSHOT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
somewhere in the area of 200hp

Old 05-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
quihi35004x4

Name: quihi35004x4
Member`s Gallery
Ok, I hate to have to be the one to ask, but I have been wondering...where is a good place to get delivery valves, also what it mean to edm your injectors. and last what benefit does machining the holders have? Thanks

Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
johnsjas

Name: johnsjas
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quihi35004x4
Ok, I hate to have to be the one to ask, but I have been wondering...where is a good place to get delivery valves, also what it mean to edm your injectors. and last what benefit does machining the holders have? Thanks
EDM or electrical discharge machining is a material removal process that is used on injectors and holders. I think that EDM is the only way to go. As far as the holders, there is only a small opening that will allow fuel to flow to the injectors. If you have large injectors and DVs then you should open up the DV holders to gain their maximum potential.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #5
tmanker

Name: tmanker
Member`s Gallery
I have a 95 auto. First I slid the plate and took timing to 16*. The truck was still a dog. Then I put in boost elbow and 3k gsk and that made a world of difference. The truck is so much more driveable with those two mods. I also put an amsoil filter on the truck and without the silencer ring the truck sounds pretty good when the old hx35 lights up. But I still plan to go with 191 dv's, #10 plate and htb2 62/12. Still not sure what I want to do as far as tranny goes, but once I get the new turbo on, I probably won't have too long to think! (that's a good thing)

Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
moneymaker44

Name: moneymaker44
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
tranny ! goerend bros is a great unit .

Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
BEN1234

Name: BEN1234
Member`s Gallery
I think im going to swap in a 5speed. Then i can pull and not have to worry or put in a small fortune in a automatic.

Closed Thread