Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
silvercummins96

Name: silvercummins96
Title: I Can Break It
Member`s Gallery
Tranny problem need advice

I have a 96 5 speed, that I pull in work stock now. I tried a bad idea at Haisleys pull and broke the rear yoke off the rearend. So I had a new shaft built and went to 1480s no problems there. After putting the truck back togehter I was getting a clicking gear sound (like you are hitting the t-case with a hammer)in 4x4 low or high but not in 2 wheel. 3 weeks ago I lost 5th gear (I had the camero to 5th). I pulled the truck apart and found 5th gear clutch splines wiped out and a plastic isolator in the 4x4 range fork broke. All the y-joint are less than a year old and all cheaked ok. Pulled diff cover and nothing, it all looks ok the seletor is missing the plastic clips again.I fixed 5th and all the missing plastic clips inspected everthing and reassembled. Test drove and still have the click in 4x4 in all gears. I left the shift boot off on the test run and the trans was making a verry slight click in 3rd only at full power then boom grind bad things happned (put me to walking 2 miles in 6 deg temps ). I pulled it back out and 3rd gear counter shaft has ground teath and main shft is missing teath. my question is could the trany noise ben the noise the whole time even thugh it only did it in 2 wheel or do I have 2 problems also what to do with the tranny, dose anyone make a "pulling trans" or should I junk yard swap.

Thanks

Closed Thread