Splicing wiring harness?

747checker

Working on a budget build. Got myself a 96 auto with issues, so I've been using parts laying around to put this truck back together. Main issue is I installed an ats 47rh in place of the re trans. I also have an ate trans commander which id like to use, and id like the truck to drive normal off the column. Being that I went backwards in trans, I got a complete 47rh pcm\ wiring harness. I overlooked the fact that the body harness connections are different from my 96 to the 95 harness.

So, looking for recommendations as to direction I should go. I have both complete wiring harnesses now. Can I cut the pig tail at the trans from the RE and match wires for o\d and lock up on the pig tail of the rh, so that the rh would plug right in, or will the RE pcm not shift the trans into overdrive if it doesn't control the other shifts?

Any help would be great and I can try to further explain if need be. Thanks.

I don't believe the RE harness can be spliced in and have the computer control it like it is suppose to. The RE bases its shift points and lockup off of output shaft speed to control the governor pressure. I would swap in the harness and computer from a 94-95 auto to make it do what you want it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 95 complete wiring harness, but the connections to the body harness are different, hence my thought of splicing just the ends for od and lockup.

As I've made some phone calls and further thinking. Seems as I may be best off to run od and lockup on independent switches as a simple fix.

Back