Which drag racing tranny for street/strip?

Sorry i brought their name up. apparantly it offends you. Shaun's truck runs 11.30's at around 8000lbs with their tranny and it lives. It was just a suggestion to someone running a very light truck (if it's the truck in the avatar) that can't get their tranny to work. maybe they know something you don't.

Check your PMs.

i must have gotten the one bad hts tranny in the lot. or dusty was gone and the aprentice built mine. But one thing you can say is dusty stands by his stuff at least to this point he has not let me down waiting on the verdict for the last issue with the truck in the shop and the tranny back on the floor

did you go thru hts directly or a dealer? everyone who has issues seems to have gone thru one of their dealers and they probably ordered half of what they are supposed to get

doug you sure can key board race, cause you haven't prove sh!t on the track

Better be careful, after the trip I had to Doug's, I can tell you from first hand experience there are gonna be some very cool things coming out of Doug's shop here real soon. That truck is also gonna be light, and with the knowledge we have gained from building my motor, that truck is gonna be damned powerful. I am not gonna make any predictions, but I can say that the 6.0 is gonna move up a few notches this year. Doug has helped me out a million times, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, when I have a 6.0 question, Doug is in my speed dial for a reason. :hehe:

Better be careful, after the trip I had to Doug's, I can tell you from first hand experience there are gonna be some very cool things coming out of Doug's shop here real soon. That truck is also gonna be light, and with the knowledge we have gained from building my motor, that truck is gonna be damned powerful. I am not gonna make any predictions, but I can say that the 6.0 is gonna move up a few notches this year. Doug has helped me out a million times, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, when I have a 6.0 question, Doug is in my speed dial for a reason. :hehe:

I'll be impressed when someone beats 11.3 in an 8000lb. truck, and then tows another truck from Alberta to Utah. All you guys seem to need a 3000lb. head start just to compete with Shawn and still can't get it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be impressed when someone beats 11.3 in an 8000lb. truck, and then tows another truck from Alberta to Utah. All you guys seem to need a 3000lb. head start just to compete with Shawn and still can't get it done.

Ooops I hate when I hit edit instead of quote.

First, switch to Decaf, second, I'm not trying to compete with anyone, I'm doing something completely different, third, how is it that no one can get it done, when neither are finished yet, Fourth, I have no problems with Shawn, and joke with him in jest, fifth, switch to decaf, AGAIN!

lol got my hts straight from dusty been dead in the water 3 times in the first year waitin on the word for this last problem

Well it's not quite an 8000# truck it is only 7200# but I have been draging this old truck and trailer(1200#) around the country for a back up for three years racing the DHRA and NADM and what ever other race I can find. And yes it does run 11.30's and is HTS tough! :Cheer:

Attachments

• Bowling Green Resized .jpg
    Bowling Green Resized .jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
see i get the one ****ing hts that has issues man im cursed demons be gone out of my tranny the power of #2 compels you.

Goerend

i would call dave a Goerend he is a awsome guy and stands behind his product. if you have any problems he makes sure there right and he wont try to sale you something you dont need, he want to know what kind of hp you want to make and what your going to use the truck for and he build it to your specs 1-563-778-2719 is Goerend number :rockwoot:

Suncoast

:ylsuper:Suncoast trans full billet, triple disc TQ and billet flex plate, Its their comp race sled pull tranny, had them build mine and shipped to California, and one of their distributors installed it, about 7500 complete, have not destroyed it yet.

Rush, someone has been much faster than 11.3 at over 8,000 pounds.. He's been 10.7 that I know of. He also came to what I call my local track and ran 11.1 with a lift and 35's. That was with no weight reduction. He even had a huge stereo and box in the back of the mega.. Remember W1cked?

Rush, someone has been much faster than 11.3 at over 8,000 pounds.. He's been 10.7 that I know of. He also came to what I call my local track and ran 11.1 with a lift and 35's. That was with no weight reduction. He even had a huge stereo and box in the back of the mega.. Remember W1cked?

I believe Rush was talking about a 6.0.

Well before my name gets drug through the mud too far.
1) you have an ats converter which we don't sell.
2) this converter jason said "the bolts that hold the flexplate on are hitting the ats converter, poss pushing the converter into the trans too far which may or may not have caused the damage."
3) try to name another company that will warranty their trans without using the converter they sell.
4) we stand behind anything we do
5) I cannot make Jason go any faster and YOU decided to take it too him.
6) 82ndsnpr, we will do everything in our power to help you. You do not have to hurt our reputation when this may have not been caused by us.

DUSTY HAWK

see i get the one ****ing hts that has issues man im cursed demons be gone out of my tranny the power of #2 compels you.

Well before my name gets drug through the mud too far.
1) you have an ats converter which we don't sell.
2) this converter jason said "the bolts that hold the flexplate on are hitting the ats converter, poss pushing the converter into the trans too far which may or may not have caused the damage."
3) try to name another company that will warranty their trans without using the converter they sell.
4) we stand behind anything we do
5) I cannot make Jason go any faster and YOU decided to take it too him.
6) 82ndsnpr, we will do everything in our power to help you. You do not have to hurt our reputation when this may have not been caused by us.

DUSTY HAWK

HTS gets my vote

Dusty is the man

I had issues with mine having the wrong electronics in the VB, they sent them out as soon as I talked with them. A couple of days after that it would not go in reverse because of a "reverse band and the reverse drum" problem, they built another one sent it to me and have not had any problem since.

It hard to beat customer service like that:clap:

James

I am just finishing the 48RE on my bench this morning and will be opening up 82ndsnpr's unit today if I can stay away from the phones. When I have some info on what I find I will update both of you.

This is dusty hawk. I'm using my friends log in name because I forgot my log in ID. KDIESEL is not me. Anyways 82ndsnpr's transmission was taken apart by a dealer of mine and is now being shipped to me. Long story but anyways, it appears the thrust washers were ate up in it. The only thing I can think of being wrong was I didn't assemble it correctly. I'll do an autopsy on it when it gets here but it only lasted a year and that's not right. To 82nd we will get you out a new one as soon as possible. We are sorry for the hassle and the only excuse we have is we are still only human and we screw up too. Sincerly sorry.

DUSTY HAWK

Back