Drop Box

Central Northern Ohio is where SCS is. I am undecided. Currently going to pull open/rwyb classes around the Ohio and surrounding states. I'm not a 3.0 SB fan and locally that's most all we have.

1.375" dia. x 10 Only because I already have the clutch setup. If I was going to buy a new clutch I would likely go with the 1.5" dia. spline.

SCS Link:

Performance Car Transfer Cases, Quick Change Gears, Parts from SCS Gearbox

Are you just running a regular clutch then? One of the main reasons I didn't want to go with a reverser was because I didn't want to have to buy a slipper clutch, and I didn't want to be in "highway gear" all the time, in the pits, loading on the trailer, etc. They are supposed to give us tow back tractors here but that doesn't really happen.

You can run any style clutch you want with a reverser as long as the input shaft matches your frictions and pilot bearing, it's just a transmission. We run a weighted Hayes style, Crower pedal clutch, and Crower slipper style all on reverser and it boils down to personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Are you just running a regular clutch then? One of the main reasons I didn't want to go with a reverser was because I didn't want to have to buy a slipper clutch, and I didn't want to be in "highway gear" all the time, in the pits, loading on the trailer, etc. They are supposed to give us tow back tractors here but that doesn't really happen.

3 disc Kenny's

I understand the concept of the reverser, I am just nervous of only having one gear
Winching on/into the trailer becomes a must. Pits wouldn't be too bad if you don't have a pit vehicle. it does have drawbacks but pit and loading convenience does not outweigh the money I have spent on breakage and lost pulls.some of this is irrelevant but I did 8-9 runs this year and broke 271 transfer case twice, transmission once, rear axle once, 3 rear ring pinions, 2 front ring pinions, broken turbo elbow once and 1 exploded cp3 pump. Was not a good season. Reliability not is my most important factor. At this point I would rather be reliable and not win rather than break every time and bring home wins.

Winching on/into the trailer becomes a must. Pits wouldn't be too bad if you don't have a pit vehicle. it does have drawbacks but pit and loading convenience does not outweigh the money I have spent on breakage and lost pulls.some of this is irrelevant but I did 8-9 runs this year and broke 271 transfer case twice, transmission once, rear axle once, 3 rear ring pinions, 2 front ring pinions, broken turbo elbow once and 1 exploded cp3 pump. Was not a good season. Reliability not is my most important factor. At this point I would rather be reliable and not win rather than break every time and bring home wins.

Thats defiantly the way to be. I've spent too many years with broken stuff and the embarrassment of making half track runs every week. That being said I have yet to break an NV4500 so this years setup for me will be NV4500 trans, drop box, and rockwell axles front and rear. We will see if the weak point transfers to the NV. Our tracks aren't sticky enough out here to see the breakage you midwest guys do.

1.375" dia. x 10 Only because I already have the clutch setup. If I was going to buy a new clutch I would likely go with the 1.5" dia. spline.

SCS Link:

Performance Car Transfer Cases, Quick Change Gears, Parts from SCS Gearbox

Exactly what I was wondering, now later down the road if you want to switch to a clutch can does that spacer come off and not have to change the length of the intermediate shaft inbetween reverser and drop box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was wondering, now later down the road if you want to switch to a clutch can does that spacer come off and not have to change the length of the intermediate shaft inbetween reverser and drop box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will make the intermediate shaft any length per your request. Since I make my own drive shafts it is not a big deal for me....generally you want the Drop box back a little farther than the OEM Dodge setup.

Put a SB turbo on it :poke:

Back