Eyebrow cylinder

9724VF350,

Thanks

Snedge,

They waited for the pistons till they cleaned up the cylinders. I'll try to find out the clearances. There seems to be a lack of formal paperwork.

biggy238,

How did your clearances go?

jasonc,

I had some valves hit the pistons. I spun a couple of bearings, too. I'll be doing a leak & compression testing on the motor for a baseline ASAP.
It seems the machine shop was worried about flexing so much they kept the cylinders as close to stock as possible. It seems the 2 major diesel pullers that have their motors done by them, also demand the same. They tend to run 150 plus boost. So my 85 pounds should hold up. They also considered a 13mm pump putting out 970 cc's feeding 5x18's with .028 lift.
The Hamilton cam helps too.

Thanks to everybody

WAYNES WORLD

Most in the pulling world run ductile iron sleeves with or without deck plate, I would take his comments with a grain of salt. On something like what you are building I would be looking for 0.008" piston to wall with the cast style pistons.

Come on now, I think you got that backwards there. In his case and how I've seen he runs the truck much safer to be on the loose side.

I think you misread his comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smokem,

Sleeves would be a better solution but I was never consulted. That's what happens when you trust people.

Thanks guys, Wish I had more facts & figures, but they "lost" the work order.

WAYNES WORLD

Back