"Analysis" Pictures

Were they new injectors, or some used ones you pulled out of a customers truck?

x2?

And why can't you give the brands, besides the obvious backlash from nutswingers?

Without that information, for all we know those were used injectors from any number of people.

x2?

And why can't you give the brands, besides the obvious backlash from nutswingers?

Without that information, for all we know those were used injectors from any number of people.

Mike, It's not that we can't give brands, it's that we choose not to. What we are showing are examples of performance injectors, available from US manufacturers. It is examples like this, that made it clear to us, that we could provide injectors that would outperform & outlive anything else available that we have been able to get our hands on.

Mike, It's not that we can't give brands, it's that we choose not to. What we are showing are examples of performance injectors, available from US manufacturers. It is examples like this, that made it clear to us, that we could provide injectors that would outperform & outlive anything else available that we have been able to get our hands on.

Why can't the companies be revealed so they can state their own case against these claims? I'm sure they would be more than willing to stand behind their product.

I would also be interest in seeing a set of BBI injecotrs spray pattern after, let's say 20,000 miles. Just curious how much it changes over time.

It would have been much better if a 3rd party company did the test. If the guy selling the injectors does the test, it really makes you wonder. Who's injectors they were, were they new. Fuel related issues if they came out of a truck with how many miles. Did they have excessive pressure ran on them. Quality of fuel. Fuel filter setup on said truck.

If you can't speak on the specific's or do not know the specific's you probably shouldn't have started the thread. Not saying that I don't like BBI injectors or anything. Only thing I know is they are expensive and you won't build anything over your stage 1's for 04.5 up trucks. Can't remember % over, think they were around 20-30%.

Gentlemen,

I do not know the amount of miles that the highest mileage BBi’s in the field have run at this time but they have been run in the US since 2011 and Europe before that. But I do know that our nozzles ran about a Billion injection cycles on the test bench which would mean about 600K Miles if they were run on the road in a Dodge Ram. As to mentioning the 150 K miles, there will not be any problems after 150,000 runtime in a truck. If one is wondering if BBi Injectors would change their spray pattern over the miles, No! Coking of an injector nozzle is always possible and does depend on what temps the engine is running and which fuel is used. a short haul truck more so than a long distance runner, but it will not change the spray pattern, only nozzle flow a bit. Cavitation erosion is normally only a problem of endurance tests on an injector test bench caused by too low of back pressures outside the nozzle, but sometimes it is seen also on trucks after a very high running time. 500,000 miles or more but will for certain look completely different than what you see on the examples, Brand X and Brand Y.

As to the miles and age of David’s injectors. They were fairly new and low mileage pieces. (2 Micron filtration) If you want to go back and re-read old history here is some reading material for you. Enjoy! Swole...Again! - Page 32 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

The X and Y Injectors in the “Analysis” Report were low mileage injectors. Less than 1,000 miles on all.

So, is it possible that one could correctly believe that the running time on these brand x and brand y injectors is contributing to their incorrect spray patterns, if indeed they did have many many more miles on them than they do? The answer is NO.

The only 2 possible failures to the nozzle spray holes/spray pattern are, 1.Cavitation erosion . 2. Coking of the nozzle, which was removed during inspection by ultrasonic cleaning, and coking will only reduce the nozzle flow and not really the spray geometry. Particles would destroy the valve seat of the injector and the nozzle needle seat much earlier than one would be able to see the smallest deformation of the nozzle holes. As stated, these are low mileage injectors and the spray pattern issues are not time or mileage related, but by issues that came about at the time of manufacturing.

Last edited:
And how come nothing larger than stage 1 for the 04.5-07? If its a problem with the stock nozzle how come they arent using the 126° sac nozzle available from Bosch?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And how come nothing larger than stage 1 for the 04.5-07? If its a problem with the stock nozzle how come they arent using the 126° sac nozzle available from Bosch?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you look at the pictures on FB of their STG 3 they are a 6 hole SAC nozzle not a 7 hole BMS nozzle.

I've read that they are a 143* for the STG 2 and up's but I'm not so sure now.

Yes sir, 143* for the STG 2 and up.

As to testing? Receiving Unbiased 3rd party testing is not nearly as simple as it may seem. There are a multitude of potential pitfalls in those regards. Take ALL the right steps and there will still be naysayers that claim the results are jaded. That is always going to happen. VERY few outfits can properly, test these injectors in a thorough manner. Take these examination results for what they are. Facts, the way they are found. We are putting information on the table for users to glean a little about various HPCR injector choices.

We refuse to toss anyone under the bus, lie or degrade anyone else, to make ourselves look better. We are also unwilling to make any nozzle or body modifications, that in any way, will shorten the life of our products.

Take the information that we are sharing with you for what it's worth! Our observations and findings, of some of the other options available, which happen to use the extrude hone method. There will always be cheaper products available, the proof is in the pudding :)

Back