ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Sat Oct 15,2011

I was trying to help out, by saying if you can work it in that the pullers can hit both pulls you will have a better turn out. For someone like me to drive that far, I want a reasonable chance to get some of my fuel costs back. If there are 2 classes I feel I can be competitive in it ups my chances.

After driving 8+ hours to last years event to have a crap track to pull on, makes some skeptical to pull on. Cause sadly the gentleman that won both of the classes I pull in, we pull with in a few feet of each other all year round on good tracks.

I realize that things happened last year out of folks control and they did the best that they could. However if this event is wanting to grow, it sure as heck better have a better track and track crew than last year.

I applaud NADM/ODRA for making the best of a bad situation last year, as I still had a good time, just not just not $300 worth of fuel money good time.

I am used to events that advertise exactly when the pull will start, and have all of the classes ironed out several months before the event. Just some observations.

I TOLD you last year NOT to come, because the purse wouldn't be high to cover fuel costs, but you pulled like a fish, anyway, so the purse didn't matter. We did appreciate your help flagging however.

Last year, lots of trouble, so we changed EVERYTHING!! Location, dirt, equipment, sled, who knows how it will work out?

7 weeks out, relax!!!

Someone tell me what time the other pull is, and I'll let you know if I can work around it!!

Really, no hood stacks in 2.6. that sucks.

GARY!!! I hereby dub hood stacks legal in 2.6 for this event, just like I did for Hebron Sept 17th!!!!! You want the rule changed for next year, show me the numbers!!!!!! Now, either come or don't but please, quit yapping!!!!!

I TOLD you last year NOT to come, because the purse wouldn't be high to cover fuel costs, but you pulled like a fish, anyway, so the purse didn't matter. We did appreciate your help flagging however.

Last year, lots of trouble, so we changed EVERYTHING!! Location, dirt, equipment, sled, who knows how it will work out?

7 weeks out, relax!!!

Someone tell me what time the other pull is, and I'll let you know if I can work around it!!

Purse was ok last year, the track crew that bailed wasn't. LOL

LOL!!

The official word from the official- the other pull will hook 2.8s last, his pull starts at 7:00 pm, we will hook 3.0s first, at 1:00 pm.

GARY!!! I hereby dub hood stacks legal in 2.6 for this event, just like I did for Hebron Sept 17th!!!!! You want the rule changed for next year, show me the numbers!!!!!! Now, either come or don't but please, quit yapping!!!!!

First off thank you, its not a big deal about the hood stack we cant run them at the other pull anyway. I just thought that they were legal with DM (Diesel Motorsports). Untill I got a phone call.

Second Im not yapping, just trying to get some info out there so we can get more trucks to make this a bigger event.

Third I was going to be there to pull anyway.

The info for the other pull

October 15

Sulpher Springs, TX

Start Time: 6:00pm

First off thank you, its not a big deal about the hood stack we cant run them at the other pull anyway. I just thought that they were legal with DM (Diesel Motorsports). Untill I got a phone call.

Second Im not yapping, just trying to get some info out there so we can get more trucks to make this a bigger event.

Third I was going to be there to pull anyway.

The info for the other pull

October 15

Sulpher Springs, TX

Start Time: 6:00pm

For folks considering pulling the other org, what is the org? Do they have a one time hook fee? If so what is it? Rules?

So you will just change your "official Nadm rules" on the fly like that? Whats the point of having rules then?

whats the point in trying to muck up an event thread cuz you dont like the guy? lol

I'm not. The rules say on their website they can't be copied blah blah blah on them but they are changed on the fly. Whats the point of all that if you change them throughout the year. They don't seem so "special" anymore than would they?
Sorry if I hurt your feelings little fella. Are you judging me from other threads that pertain to Ron? Just so you know. I have no problem with Gene.

Last edited:
I see what your saying. It sucks to make sure truck meets the rules then they don't check yours or the others don't have the right stuff. This is with both org's. But I understand them not wanting to turn trucks away when truck count is low as it is.

I see what your saying. It sucks to make sure truck meets the rules then they don't check yours or the others don't have the right stuff. This is with both org's. But I understand them not wanting to turn trucks away when truck count is low as it is.

Uh.. truck count for NADM is not that low? Down yes, motorsports in general is down. We have been having very good shows, and 2012 looks better yet.

As far as the 2 event hood stack rule , this has been building up for three years, after gathering information all summer and carefully considering it, I'm giving them a chance to prove to me, they have numbers that will make a difference. It doesn't affect performance, like a turbo change. That would not happen.

Can we have a hood stack on the drag strip?

It points up. RUN IT!:Cheer::Cheer:

My buddy Chuck will not be able to make the Texas event. :lol: Any questions or issues PLEASE PM me prior or Chuck prior to the event. This will take alot of the stress off for all on race day.

Last edited:
Benefit Charity for the ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup on Oct 15th:

homesfortroopslogo.jpg

Homes For Our Troops: Building Specially Adapted Homes for Severely Injured Veterans
Providing specially adapted homes for our severely wounded service members all over the country at no cost to them. Based in Taunton, MA
:woohoo:

Back