ATS Twin CP3 leaking

NEVRNF

I keep getting leaks from the pressure sensor. The sensor is sloppy inside of their adapter. I have a constant drip of fuel out of the threads and it has rattled loose 3 times now causing a huge fuel leak. I used Teflon tape on the threads and that stopped the small drip but it rattled loose again on the highway and sprayed gallons of fuel all over the engine compartment. Is there supposed to be a sealing washer as it looks like the sensor just sits on the bottom of the adapter to create a seal. I have tried calling them and the answer is trans lube to make it seal.

I had the exact same problem and came to the conclusion that there isn't a sealing washer. However I just took the fitting off found a copper washer that fit in there perfectly and have had zero issues. I would caution using the Teflon tape, that's probably one of the last things you would want going threw your high pressure fuel system.

Well I finally got a call back from ATS. I was told they had a bad batch of these the were incorrectly machined so they have stopped subletting them and make them in house. It is not covered under the 3 year warranty so I guess I have to Purchase a NEW style to fix the DEFECTIVELY MADE one in the kit I purchased.
Granted I purchased it USED uninstalled and I have the original invoice from when it was purchased it is not a warranty issue.
What great service. so much for the giant 3 year 150k warranty on the pump page.

I had the exact same problem and came to the conclusion that there isn't a sealing washer. However I just took the fitting off found a copper washer that fit in there perfectly and have had zero issues. I would caution using the Teflon tape, that's probably one of the last things you would want going threw your high pressure fuel system.

The directions say to use 3 wraps of tape on the adapter when installing it on the pump. Show me what the difference would be on the sensor into the adapter vs the adapter into the pump?

Mine leaked where the RP sensor threads into the adapter on the back of the top cp3 as well. I used the yellow teflon tape after digging around on the interwebs, it's supposed to be made from a special compound specific for fuel lines. Any auto parts store should carry it.

:Cheer:

the problem lies in the fact that the fuel in that port is up to @28K .
Teflon taped does not hold up well regardless of color.

Back