Realistic Setup

This takes me back a ways. Listen to Smokem, do exactly what he says and you will be fine. Been there, done that, and have the dyno sheets.

This is almost comical.

Since when was it too much to ask for a combination of parts that makes sense and would respect the diesel community?

Hell we all like to have fun and I’ve done my fair share of it but I also hate that it’s hard to come by genuine advice these days for something that doesn’t sit on a trailer.

Again, I appreciate everyone playing along but it seems this has become nothing more than a dumping ground for whoever wants to throw shade on the topic.

Please proceed, but just know the only thing we are wasting here is each others’ time.

Please proceed, but just know the only thing we are wasting here is each others’ time.

That's what we do here. Kill time. I honestly don't see anyone dumping on you or anyone else, well maybe Gary get's dumped on, but I know he couldn't give two shits.

That being said:

This is what we did before you could open and shop a magazine, a web site, or go on forums and get advice.

HX35 / S475 or an Ht4C Compound
Any P7100 pump with 4K gov springs, AFC opened up, and stock plate full forward.
Extrude honed ISB stock injectors 20 or 30% over.

There you have it, an old school reliable tow rig, clean runner, and sensible.

I’m still not sure what happened here.

35/3B seemed to be a decent choice back in the day too Jeff. Reminds me of the silver Texas truck that ran 35/3b with a dump truck load of nitrous. Was running 9’s last I seen, but not sure who owns it or the setup nowadays.

My first twins were from PDI (HX35/3B). With the old crummy Jammer 2's, 16 deg of timing, 181's, 913 pump, and a modified plate full forward, it made 500 and would not go over 1150 deg towing.

That's what we do here. Kill time. I honestly don't see anyone dumping on you or anyone else, well maybe Gary get's dumped on, but I know he couldn't give two shits.

That being said:

This is what we did before you could open and shop a magazine, a web site, or go on forums and get advice.

HX35 / S475 or an Ht4C Compound
Any P7100 pump with 4K gov springs, AFC opened up, and stock plate full forward.
Extrude honed ISB stock injectors 20 or 30% over.

There you have it, an old school reliable tow rig, clean runner, and sensible.
And here I was going to accuse you of being the mean Grandma at Thanksgiving.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Hey Gary, hope the weather there is better than here. Is there a website where I can buy some of that global warming?[/QUOTE]

in a few motnths ill have more than i want..ill ship ya a box!

aint been bad sir. i know its cold there..for a long time..we had a cpl freezes but nothin bad..cows ddnt care...lol

messing with another 01 5.9..ill be in touch for parts..between yopu and jeff im covered!

Last edited:
Back