Dead wipers...

J-Pipes

The wipers in my truck haven't worked for a while now. I've been slowly trying to chip away at troubleshooting them. Used my dad's 1/2ton as a reference point, swapping working parts back and forth, and nothing has worked. All fuses and relays have been verified, multifunction switch, and wiper motor as well.
So am I down to trying to trace individual wires, or am I missing anything else?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

how bout that giant plug runs under the steering column? gets moved by yer boots sometimes...

there a relay/module..under dash by the column ..Gages delay dont work..havent looked into that yet...

Last edited:
how bout that giant plug runs under the steering column? gets moved by yer boots sometimes...

there a relay/module..under dash by the column ..Gages delay dont work..havent looked into that yet...
Send me some pictures of what you're talking about please.

I'll try looking at it tomorrow, didn't get a chance tonight.

i think..its on the right if ya take that lower dash part off. i might be confused tho...not sure about that. i know theres a relay. but i think thats off on. this thing im talking about is the delay wipers

I'll try looking at it this evening. The wiper related problems started last yr actually, the wash function stopped working. Wouldn't spray anything, but wipers would still go. Now the whole system won't do anything. Guessing it's a wiring issue, I just know little to nothing about wiring and not real sure where to start! Be almost nice if there's a common spot these trucks have a wiring issue at to start with, but I'm feeling like it's the whole damn system!

I could live with that actually if I knew which wires to use! I tried looking at it a little bit ago, I'm not sure what Gary is referring too still.

isnt there a box under the right side lower dash next to the column..i might be wrong but i thought there was a black box there....

what about that giant plug under the column. i kicked that once with my foot and the truck quit..lotsa crap thru there..

you checked the big relays in the fuse box i assume?

Seen the black box, and another few plugs, was all still tight. Yes, new relay under the hood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
the last one I had something like that was the Lin bis was shorted in the a-pillar by mouse piss in the headliner in the network wire going to the overhead compass. sounds stupid but I do mobile diagnostics for a living

Last edited:
the last one I had something like that was the Lin bis was shorted in the a-pillar by mouse piss in the headliner in the network wire going to the overhead compass. sounds stupid but I do mobile diagnostics for a living

Can you explain what lead you down that line to find that?

Back