2.5/2.6sb hitches

99GreenCummins

That guy....
What's everyone doing? I looked at the sticky thread and most pictures are gone.

Truck is currently a solid hitch and we move suspension up and down. Wanting to stop adjusting suspension and move to the hitch. Anyone willing to share?

These are cotpc rules:

6.Hook point to be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24” with a minimum of 3.75”x3” opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25-degree angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle. Reese hitches are allowed.

This is Farm pullers:

MUST PULL FROM A “REESE” HITCH. HOOK POINT MUST BE NO CLOSER THAN 48 INCHES FROM CENTER LINE OF REAR AXLE, 3.75 INCH OPENING HORIZONTAL TO GROUND. THE HOOK POINT MUST BE THE FURTHEST POINT BACK ON THE TRUCK. SLED STOPS ARE EXCLUDED.

Cotpc 2.6 smoothbore class is using ppl rules so yes drawbar is allowed or a reese type hitch is ok

Looks like cotpc kept 7800lbs and allowing reese hitch where ppl only uses draw bar everything else looks to be taken from ppl list

Cotpc is allowing drawbar style and farm pullers won't allow drawbar. Guess we will try something. Probably be ok till we be alright till we beat the wrong truck.

i was pretty sure most places were going to run singles and the bob boys will still be on duals but im out of the 2.5 game now so i could be wrong

AJ last season BoB ran singles. Rudy's ran duals but that was about it. This season I think most groups are jumping on the smooth bore game but there are still some 2.5 stuff this season at least. BoB guys are still 2.5 and singles.

The organization we will be pulling with most of the time allows duals. We also run a factory dual bed this year. There will be the occasion when we load up and head for another organization to hook with them or a fair that doesn't allow duals and we will zip the outer duals off.

Back