Pumps

For what that pump costs u could do it right with a haldex 12v hydraulic pump. Run water soluble oil with it and never look back. Will provide adequate pressure for water injection andit has adjustable rrelief valve to dial it in right where u need it. Just my .02 though

Was looking at the Haldex from other posts on here. Found on northern tools that is has the potential to pull 280 amps. Now I understand its not in a closed system and will never achieve that amp draw, but lets say it pulls 90 amps. That's some heavy relays and wiring.

Let me ask, anyone that is running one do you know how much amperage its pulling? My alternator at full field wouldn't be able to supply it enough. Not that my old truck needs any electricity besides the air dog.

Or am I being a pus$ and over thinking the whole deal?

Wouldnt need a relay as the northern pump comes with a solenoid mounted on it. We are running 2 gauge battery cable thats the biggest we can get on the roll at our local farm and fleet. Seems to work just fine. I couldnt tell u amp draw but we are running ours set at 1000 psi with 2 spinner nozzles on our 3.0 puller

Does the Haldex require check valves? I've read some guys saying boost can come back threw the nozzles, others say it cannot so they are not required.

The solenoid works as a check valve.

Check valves are primarily for gasoline engines so manifold vacuum won't pull water out of the lines since it has to work against the "cracking pressure" of the valve.

Back