Starting over

1arock

MY truck evidently cracked an injector tip one night coming home from work. Long story short, I am starting with a fresh machined block, bore, deck, line bore. My pump is a 92 VE with a M&H #3fuel pin, timing spacer and 3600 governor spring . Previously I had the pump timed up against the head. 5x12 injectors, HX35 turbo, 4 inch exhaust. The truck always ran great and did everything I needed from it. It is in a 68 Dodge power wagon that is my daily driver. It has a A518 auto trans with a Goerend tight converter. Wt 6700 lbs.It would embarass just about any stockish late model diesel pickup at a stop light already, now I'm looking to humiliate them
I am going to be buying pistons, and injectors. obviously timing and everything else is wide open. Give me a VE pumped hot rod engine recipe.

There you go again thinking what I'm thinking. Transmission is what needs started over.

Yes. Put the power to the ground efficiently. 47rh with a FMVB. Then I’d add a second turbo to clean up the new fuel supply to come.

But a hot VE engine, you have my attention.

Okay, I didn't come here to ask about upgrading my transmission, but I appreciate the advice. I want some advice on parts for a short block, pump timing ect.

Okay. The VE has limits. So go with the highest compression you can. 17-18 to 1. Other than that... I have no advise.

In all honesty, the stock bottom end components of a VE engine will hold all the power you can throw at it if you keep the same injection pump. Consider a cam shaft upgrade, but otherwise a stock rebuild will suffice with your list of upgrades.

Back