Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Sold my old turbo

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

BDPowerDave

BD-Power Rep.
I read so many posts regarding failed turbo chargers and upgraded turbos but where do these failed and obsolete turbos end up? What do you guys do with them?

BD has a new state of the art turbo rebuilding facility and we are looking for your repair business. If you have any failed turbo(s) that you want to re-use or repair for resale to re-coup some of your upgrade costs, contact me or Bruce and ask me what your options are.

We will repair any old turbo for you, failed competitors turbos from Phat Shafts to Aurora's, stock OEM turbos from any year and what ever else you may have laying around.

Contact us and let’s discuss your options.
800-887-5030 Ask for Dave or Bruce.

100_3793.jpg

Can you fix this one?? :D :D
Chris

Looks fixable, it will definitly need a cartridge, cost will depending on what damage if any is done to the housings. I would need to have the turbo here for inspection but would be guessing about $500-$600 to repair it. What kind of turbo is that; do you think it can be sold for a profit or be worth re-using with $600.00 invested?

Forrest Nearing said:
with the snap-ring housing, I'm guessing it's an HX35 or 40... IE, something he could buy used in good condition for less than $600

Its just a ball park and we would recondition it to new. I agree you can pick up an HX35 or HX40 for less money. I think we can offer more value repairing failed performance turbos that were purchased for much more money and are now useless. Repair it and recoup some of the costs.

I sent my hx35 to HTT and its now a 35/40 hybrid in a 12v truck.

How much would ya'll charge for a turbine swap on a 64/65/14 from II?

Yes, that WAS an HX35 Hybrid...now it's a paperweight. I hate Holset junk!

Can you do anything with a Garrett GT4088R??
Chris

I am not sure what we would charge for that, i bet the shipping back and forth would make it too expensive. If you like, call here and ask Bruce what he would charge to swap the turbine out for you.

800-887-5030 ask for Bruce

Sold my old HY to a guy that races SAABs in Vegas.

Have a pile of HX35 hybrids that I use to hold my cardboard boxes down in the garage.

justinp20012500 said:
Sold my old HY to a guy that races SAABs in Vegas.

Have a pile of HX35 hybrids that I use to hold my cardboard boxes down in the garage.

I will trade you for some bricks to hold that cardboard down with... :hehe:

Seriously if you would like to do something with them, call Bruce over here and see what he can offer you for them. 800-887-5030

Melted the 1.15 housing and exhaust wheel on this GT4294. It needs a wastegated 1.15 housing, rebuilt bearings and exhaust wheel/shaft. How much?
melted3.jpg

melted.jpg

Curious on pricing since this s300-66 has already been fixed twice, it got the compressor wheel & housing twice and the turbine housing once.
huffed.jpg

wheel.jpg

Thanks!!

I've got a couple of HX40's ,,,both with 16cm housings ,,, one was a PDR 40 ..

If I could get them rebuilt for reasonable cash I would consider running them again ,, but not at 50PSI LOL....

Hey guys thanks for all replies and pictures, Chris our sales manager has asked if you can call him direct so he can work out some estimated repair costs for you guys. You can reach Chris toll free at 800-887-5030, it you are unable to reach him you can send the pictures and descriptions to him via e-mail chris@bd-power.com

Thanks again for the replies!

Back