Custom Maps in V8 Scan

biggy238

I want to be able to map Pilot and Main timing, but no matter what I do, I can't get the rows and columns to switch scales. In V7.5, Ctrl+enter will let you build the map, but I haven't been able to find how to do that with V8.

Does anyone have this set up?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Look like I may be in to something. I guess you have to build the maps in V7.5 and copy them over to V8. Lame

So I figured this out. The workflow is to use V7.5 to create the maps using the EFI Live for Dummins part 3 pdf (attached) and then use the Copy for V8 (circled in attachment) feature to migrate the maps you created into V8. (circled in attachment)
Using this should let you map whatever you want to see with chart linking.:doh:

This also made me realize that my pilot timing tables are not scaled to match the rest of my tune

Attachments

• EFILive for Dummies, Part 3 - Custom Mapping.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Scan and Tune Mapping.png
    Scan and Tune Mapping.png
    665.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Scan and Tune Mapping 2.png
    Scan and Tune Mapping 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I sure wish I knew what you were talking about so I could play along. :)
If you make a datalog, you can set up maps in the Scan portion of V8 Scan and tune so that you can watch where the ECM is referencing tables in real time, or slo-mo. It's handy when you are trying to figure out what part of the tune you need to massage.

I've been trying to get rid of the smoke on the DD tune, but maintain reasonable spool on the 472. I set up a custom map last night that shows me Duration vs boost so I can easily see where I'm overfueling

It does suck that I'm ten years behind the surge in users.

Nothing to add since I haven't had cause to use EFILive, yet. It looks like they support the CM2150 ECU, so I will be diving in once my project ISB4.5 finds a new home.

What I'm saying is even if it feels like you're talking to yourself, you aren't.

Does the custom map function work real time, data-playback or both?

Nothing to add since I haven't had cause to use EFILive, yet. It looks like they support the CM2150 ECU, so I will be diving in once my project ISB4.5 finds a new home.

What I'm saying is even if it feels like you're talking to yourself, you aren't.

Does the custom map function work real time, data-playback or both?
Well, I found an add-in script on efi forum that will let you link so that it highlights the cell on the map in real time. I haven't had time to try and implement it yet, but it seems like it would be useful. Once I get it working I will link it here.

I think you can view the maps if you are logging in pass-thru mode, but I haven't tried that yet, I always log with he V2 and then open the file to review.

Last edited:
Looks like live linking is already in the latest release of V7.5

Back