Recommendation for Ppump Conversion needed:

TheDieselShop

We are building a 2.5 truck. It's a 2001 Dodge that we are going to do a ppump conversion on. I was thinking of using crazy Carl's turbos conversion kit. Any suggestions?

I just did one at my shop out of stuff we pieced together off of a 12 valve parts motor. You will need from a 12v engine:

Timing Case
Timing cover
Pump (obviously)
Rear pump support bracket
Pump gear
Pump nut and lock washer

Other stuff you'll need:
fuel lines (Scheid)
intake spacer (Scheid)
Cam sensor adapter for 00-02 trucks (Pure diesel power)
APPS adapter mount for pump (Crazy Carl)
Pump oil restrictor fitting (Crazy Carl)
Pump oil line (I made one that ran from one of the other oil galley plugs along the block, and used a 10mm x 1.0 thread to -4an adaptor with a copper sealing washer in the block, then had a hydraulic shop make a -4 line the right length)

I think that pretty much covered it.... Labor wise its a very easy swap, just time consuming. In hindsight it probably would have been easier to order the conversion kit but we ended up saving a few bucks for our customer

I have 01 for my pulling truck. I did the easiest thing and just took the old motor and put a 12 valve in lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bigstacks95.....thanx for the input man. I appreciate it.

No prob, the other thing I forgot is you need to find some place to mount the ECM if you plan on using factory guages, air intake heater, or automatic transmission. I just used a piece of flat stock and hung it off the master cylinder.

Crazy carls dont return emails or answer the phone so does anybody else have suggestions on where to get a ppump conversion kit?

Someone just posted one of his conversion kits for $1k in the for sale section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Crazy carls dont return emails or answer the phone so does anybody else have suggestions on where to get a ppump conversion kit?

You asked for dealer inquiry, so I forwarded it to Diana as she handles that. If you want to actually buy something, its listed on the website and easy to do. :Cheer:

I'd buy a kit. And I'll say I've had nothing but good experience with Carl has always responded to my emails within couple minutes

You asked for dealer inquiry, so I forwarded it to Diana as she handles that. If you want to actually buy something, its listed on the website and easy to do. :Cheer:

Check that email out. I had some questions on your kit that I needed answered before buying. But I got that sorted out thru some other channels. :woohoo:

Have a great Easter!!

Injector line girdle/support doesnt clear his intake plate.. his response those arent my lines I buy them from Scheid..
65c4832cb9c4913d6e087f969b19d311.jpg

#2 injector line nut @ head damn near impossible to tighten once again thanks to that nice intake plate...
73b1601c4c2a30793646f1f1d3cbc6c7.jpg

Gear case bore not the correct size wont seal the pump oring.. can literally touch the oring with a screwdriver with pump bolted on the gap is so large.. Carls answer I was out of gearcases when customer purchased so we sourced that one from DAP...
a27fbd96a89073869794a5297690369e.jpg

Injector line girdle/support doesnt clear his intake plate.. his response those arent my lines I buy them from Scheid..
65c4832cb9c4913d6e087f969b19d311.jpg

thats not what I said. Nice hack job on the install BTW. quality work right there!

#2 injector line nut @ head damn near impossible to tighten once again thanks to that nice intake plate...
73b1601c4c2a30793646f1f1d3cbc6c7.jpg

I install them all the time (as do many others) w/o issue, maybe you're just a poor mechanic?

Gear case bore not the correct size wont seal the pump oring.. can literally touch the oring with a screwdriver with pump bolted on the gap is so large.. Carls answer I was out of gearcases when customer purchased so we sourced that one from DAP...
a27fbd96a89073869794a5297690369e.jpg

This what the fun is all about. I was out of my normal supply of gear cases. To keep customers happy, I overnight some from someone else and ship them out. Customer then contacts me after driving the truck around saying its leaking oil. I say I will replace the part for free. He says he wants me to pay for his install too. I say no. He then vows to talk trash any chance he gets. and here we are. :stab:

This what the fun is all about. I was out of my normal supply of gear cases. To keep customers happy, I overnight some from someone else and ship them out. Customer then contacts me after driving the truck around saying its leaking oil. I say I will replace the part for free. He says he wants me to pay for his install too. I say no. He then vows to talk trash any chance he gets. and here we are. :stab:

Lol truck was never drove as it never even left the shop it was leaking from minute one of startup... I love your replies it shows your true character which was the main point I was after if it cost you one single sell then I am satisfied... Thanks again

Back