Pump Work Pricing

I don't have any info on that pump saved in my file. About all I can tell you is the obvious info from the nomenclature- 8 cylinder 12mm p7100 12mm cam with base mount housing, more than likely has constant pressure valves and came off a Mack application.

What's the idea behind constant pressure valves ? Is the any benefit performance vise to change them to "normal" type ? So called H pumps had those constant pressure valves and they were failing regurarly.

I don't have any info on that pump saved in my file. About all I can tell you is the obvious info from the nomenclature- 8 cylinder 12mm p7100 12mm cam with base mount housing, more than likely has constant pressure valves and came off a Mack application. Sorry I can't be more help!

I think the p-pump guys got worried about the VE pumps getting attention and rushed everything in at once to keep me preoccupied with them LOL

So could it have the same work done to it as any of the other 7100s you are working on?

What's the idea behind constant pressure valves ? Is the any benefit performance vise to change them to "normal" type ? So called H pumps had those constant pressure valves and they were failing regurarly.

I have never done a back to back performance comparison between constant pressure valves and standard delivery valves, so I can't answer any differences in performance.

I researched this for a while and never found a direct reason given from Bosch, but in their patent application for the constant pressure valve they did note that a possible negative effect of the snubber valve located in the valve could be premature wear and failure. The basic idea was that by locating the snubber valve in the valve that cycles up and down with every pump stroke, that added motion would cause failure in the snubber by vibrating/ cracking/ deteriorating the snubber assembly.

When they switched the locstion of the snubber valve to the dv holder where it never moves, the failure rate of the snubber valve dropped tremendously.

All of the constant pressure valves I've seen were in pumps that were either older than our pickup application p7100 pumps, or were used in non automotive applications.

So could it have the same work done to it as any of the other 7100s you are working on?

Yes sir, it can be modified the same as all other p7100 pumps

I have never done a back to back performance comparison between constant pressure valves and standard delivery valves, so I can't answer any differences in performance.

I researched this for a while and never found a direct reason given from Bosch, but in their patent application for the constant pressure valve they did note that a possible negative effect of the snubber valve located in the valve could be premature wear and failure. The basic idea was that by locating the snubber valve in the valve that cycles up and down with every pump stroke, that added motion would cause failure in the snubber by vibrating/ cracking/ deteriorating the snubber assembly.

When they switched the locstion of the snubber valve to the dv holder where it never moves, the failure rate of the snubber valve dropped tremendously.

All of the constant pressure valves I've seen were in pumps that were either older than our pickup application p7100 pumps, or were used in non automotive applications.
They were used in Euro2 engines, Bosch H pump with electronic fuel and timing control. They had quite high injection pressure for a inline pump.

Yes sir, it can be modified the same as all other p7100 pumps
:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

:poke:Get that VE lineup going !!!!! :thankyou2:

:Cheer:

Could you get me a price on a set of 8 upgraded DV's, they do not have to be street friendly whichever option fits that best.

Any 14mm B+P upgrades, feel free to PM if you want.

Shoot, forgot to post back in here after getting my 215 done. Very very happy with how the pump runs and the power bump!

Have you done any work with the VE pumps yet?

Yes, we have and can work on them. Nothing earth-shaking as far as fuel delivery goes- 240-260cc max out of a 12mm h&r. 1 pumping element for 6 cylinders just can't put out the volume or rpm like 6 for 6 can.

Yes, we have and can work on them. Nothing earth-shaking as far as fuel delivery goes- 240-260cc max out of a 12mm h&r. 1 pumping element for 6 cylinders just can't put out the volume or rpm like 6 for 6 can.

Seriously....:what:.....finally :bang:bang:bang.....Seth:kick:

I thought 250cc for a factory rotary was fairly impressive. That's comparing them to a Lucas/cav pump though haha.

Would prices change if it was a 13mm 4 cylinder pump instead of 6?

What kind of pricing are we talking? My pump is pushing 500k miles a d I'd just like to have it checked out and maxed.

Hey Seth, i got a 12v with an 'unkown' pump, was supposed to be worked, has 5ks, .120 holders, full cuts, dual fed, rack plug, afc cut and worked. Someone said you may not be checkin and maxing pumps? Just rebuilding? Im running this thing clean after a few hundred feet with 5x.022s. Wondering if you could get this thing to 500-550ccs to help meet my power/et goals. I got it 2nd hand with '600cc' of fuel, which I'm doubting cause it cleans my single 75mm

Last edited:
Hey Seth, i got a 12v with an 'unkown' pump, was supposed to be worked, has 5ks, .120 holders, full cuts, dual fed, rack plug, afc cut and worked. Someone said you may not be checkin and maxing pumps? Just rebuilding? Im running this thing clean after a few hundred feet with 5x.022s. Wondering if you could get this thing to 500-550ccs to help meet my power/et goals. I got it 2nd hand with '600cc' of fuel, which I'm doubting cause it cleans my single 75mm

You can send it in so we can check it over and let you know what exactly you have. We are no longer max/ balancing pumps without overhauling them.

Whats an overhaul run? I may have missed that in the pricing? And can you get any pump to push that 550 i need? Thanks!

Back