Lies Lies Lies and lost sponsors.

kc8yhk

disgruntled
I am not surprised at all with the amount of dishonesty surrounding our beloved "Diesel Moodysports". This time though I got proof in WRITING.

here are some e-mail's between (competitor) and (sponsor) concerning payouts being cut YET AGAIN by NADM then pointing the finger at the their own SPONSOR.

I am surely signing my own death warrant for posting this but I am beyond giving a damn. I can no longer support an organization that doesn't care in the least bit about their competitors. We passed up the opportunity to race at other events to make it a point to attend NADM events, and up till now we have been to EVERY ONE. The last event was just that, the LAST nadm event we will attend. This was another event when Ron later bragged about the "great turnout" with both competitors and spectators... if it was such a good turn out why not keep your word and pay the full amount when you have more trucks entered into each class than the stated minimum?

Nadm is very confused, the entire time they kept thinking we were racing for the MONEY, we want to COMPETE and have fun while doing it. All we have asked is to be honest and treat us with an ounce of respect.

How many competitors and sponsors do they have to loose until they get the picture?

Also note that I have edited out the parties involved to respect their privacy.

Dear (sponsor)
Thanks so much for getting back with me. My question is about payouts
given to the race winners. When there are 8+ trucks in
my class the pay out is $1000. When I won at (event) I was given a
check for half ($500). NADM said (sponsor) cut the payouts and only wanted to pay half to winners. I didn't think this could be right because it is
NADM cutting the checks to the winners, not the race sponsor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely happy as can be that I went to this
race. I'm not complaining about the payout received (it all
went back to fuel for the trip which helped greatly). I just want to
know if I was fed a line as to why the winners in all classes only won
half the amount for the number of trucks in each class that they were
suppose to receive.

If my question is out of line, I sincerely apologize. I've been
wondering this ever since the race. If it is true that (sponsor) does have the power to cut the payout given to winners, I'm sure (sponsor) had their reasons, and that's none of my business, and that's okay.
If it is a false statement and I was lied to, then I will simply be
dissatisfied by the people who chose to lie to the competitors involved.

I've been lied to before by some parties involved in a few organizations
and simply just want to get to the bottom of this question for my own
knowledge.

Thank you so much for your time,
(competitor)

Dear (competitor)
First, I would like to say thank you very much for coming and competing
at (event). To answer your questions (sponsor) paid NADM for their services to come in and Run the Diesel Drags as well as the Sled Pull events. By doing this NADM takes care of all the purse money given to the competitors. Last year there was a higher purses of $1,000. This year NADM decided to lower the purse amount to $500 because of cost of track
rental and other things. The cash payout was all done by NADM. (sponsor) added to the prize packages by getting our sponsors to throw in
products. We wanted to give a little more to the winners but didn't
have the cash to do so. This is why you won the (prize).
If you go to this link http://www.xxxxxx
you will see what we advertised for the payouts on the drag racing.
Like I said before the cash payouts came from NADM and what they said
they were going to pay before we posted any payouts in our marketing
materials. Did you see something posted somewhere else that said first
was $1,000? Or were you told it was going to be $1,000? I would like
to know your thoughts so in the future we can fix the issue.

We know that (event) only works because of competitors like yourself and we want to make sure you are not mislead in any way.

Again I appreciate you coming to the event and being open with me on
these items. You have a great truck and you are a awesome competitor.

Thanks,
(sponsor)

Dear (sponsor)
I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that everything I've said is completely true. I say this because NADM contacted me about me contacting you,( trying to get answers they wouldn't give),and they made it sound like they were going to tell you that I was a liar with the things I said. Which isn't true. Everything I said, was told to me by a NADM official. Now I'm on their naughty list because they got caught in a lie basically. I was only trying to get a truthful answer. I would never make something up about an org/company that was not true, and try to damage relations. I think its best that I contacted you so that you are now aware that your name was being drug in the dirt without your knowledge. Blaming YOU for cut payouts is beyond unprofessional.I got "yelled" at and they tried to make me feel more guilty than you can believe all because I contacted you. Had I been given straight answers from the beginning they wouldn't have to worry.
I am happy to hear that your event will continue, and will await further details on the date for the 2012 event.

Thank you,
(competitor)

Hi (competitor),

Sorry for NADM coming at you like that. I showed our president your emails and he wanted to address it with NADM. I'm not exactly sure what
he sent but I know he mentioned what the officials told you about us
wanting to kill the event and how it wasn't a good event. Basically all
the lies they told you. To be honest this isn't the first time since (event) that we have sent them something like this. We have been hearing
all types of bad mouth comments stated by NADM towards us and our event.
Before and after the event! I'm with you on bad mouthing a company isn't professional and neither is lying to customers. We really do appreciate you coming to us on this and makes our decision to not work with NADM in the future even better. People can only get away with being dishonest for so long and it will catch up to them and destroy their organization if they don't change. Again thanks for the feeback.

Thanks,
(sponsor)

oh snap.

Pudpuller... you out there son? LMFAO

You need some damage control. Bad. Your org is bleeding out.

images

Dear (competitor)
First, I would like to say thank you very much for coming and competing
at (event). To answer your questions (sponsor) paid NADM for their services to come in and Run the Diesel Drags as well as the Sled Pull events.(not the pull) By doing this NADM takes care of all the purse money given to the competitors.(and all the overhead) Last year there was a higher purses of $1,000. This year NADM decided to lower the purse amount to $500 because of cost of track
rental and other things. The cash payout was all done by NADM. (sponsor) added to the prize packages by getting our sponsors to throw in
products. We wanted to give a little more to the winners but didn't
have the cash to do so. This is why you won the (prize).(Maybe OP could post his letter complaining about the prize?)
If you go to this link http://www.xxxxxx
you will see what we advertised for the payouts on the drag racing.
Like I said before the cash payouts came from NADM and what they said
they were going to pay before we posted any payouts in our marketing
materials.
Did you see something posted somewhere else that said first
was $1,000? Or were you told it was going to be $1,000?(OP was told the lower purse, so he wouldn't drive across the country expecting more, out of COURTESY) I would like
to know your thoughts so in the future we can fix the issue.

We know that (event) only works because of competitors like yourself and we want to make sure you are not mislead in any way. (he wasn't mislead)

Again I appreciate you coming to the event and being open with me on
these items. You have a great truck and you are a awesome competitor.

Thanks,
(sponsor)

)

That paragraph is mostly true, a few corrections in red, the rest of the OP not quoted...is, well, quite frankly, nonsense twisted from bits of truth.

Boys, guys like this are bringing your sport down, not Ron, Gene or Chuck. A formal apology from kc8yhk for his nonsense to the two sponsors hes harassed and NADM would go along way in patching things up, But I doubt we will see that.

NADM has cheated no competitor, no matter what the haters say. We have since the beginning, wrote most of our budget out to competitors, the rest goes to running the events and paying our help next to nothing, for the hours involved.
Ron and myself, the owners, have no fancy vehicles, I'm driving a Hyundai to work, for crying out loud, what Ron drives I'm to embarrassed to say. It ain't spiffy. The NADM trailer is a grossly overloaded 14 footer, we drag it with a 1999, 250,000 mile 24 valve. No fancy wraps. Everybody is part time.

We keep adding small pieces of equipment every year, building a base while keeping as much cash possible going into purses.
I tell you this not for sympathy, but to set the record straight, that we have been, not lining our pockets as one friendly poster claimed,on another thread, but helping grow the sport, and for a racer to act like this, hurts all of you as well as us.

Somebody mentioned a few threads ago, about bringing more to the table then you take away from it.. after 12 years of being involved in Diesel Motorsports and 4 at NADM, I have definitely put more in, as has Ron and Chuck.
If you don't appreciate it, so be it, compete elsewhere, but stop wrecking the whole sport for hundreds that do truthfully compete for the fun of it.

Looking forward to 2012!!!

oh snap.

Pudpuller... you out there son? LMFAO

You need some damage control. Bad. Your org is bleeding out.

I only read a small amount of that and I know exactly who the sponsor is. They are NOT happy about it at all. Thats a shame beings that was NADM's biggest event of the year as far as I could see. Just like many of them I don't consider it an "NADM" event. It was an existing event they were asked to run it. Not like they brought a new event to the table. Glad to know they won't be involved anymore though.

Gene save your bs. Just like I said months ago in the staging lanes. It will all catches up to people. It's not a coinsidence it happens like this. You may think you guys are on top of the world and everyone is your best buddy. But for the most part everyone else is friends in this industry as well. Things will be talked about and the truth does come out.

Last edited:
Back