79 Malibu with wet deck plate d-max

It’s going to be a lml block, Lmm/lbz heads, talked about lb7 crank with the aluminum rods some claim to help keep it from breaking!

The aluminum rod idea does several things, it lightens the bob weight and allows a 100% internal balance.
The crank can now utilizes less heavy metal to balance the crank and costs less to balance.

The rods are slightly cheaper than steel

The rods are more apt to shock absorption and this translates less stress to the bearings, crank and block.

We innovated the idea way back in 07’ for diesels, and have more passes and experience than anyone useing them in the diesel world, they work great as long as they are replaced before the fracture and go through the block..... lol

Mike Graves is doing the twins thing on his Dmax dragster. Might be worth a chat with him on it.

Mike bought that dragster and the turbo set up from me, it works very well for its application

I have heard that as well!! I think he went pretty big on compressor size, in no prep recovery time is a big deal where I can pedal it and be able to get back on the turbo.. so twin s300 so far is the plan with some sort of nitrous program.. will know a lot more once Mark, Johnny, and I play on the dyno!!

If someone tells you to run a s300 in this combination it will spool too fast and tq and boost rise will be hard to control ( ask me how I know). Mike runs s400 turbos, recovery is a zero issue, if power level, and tuning is correct, among a few other things.

Have you thought about a triple setup? Like one of marks 72r in the valley and two s369s? I know of two trucks running that setup making pretty good power and they spool very well. I know kyles harbins truck makes around 1200 iirc. Not sure how fitment would work in the car though

Have you thought about a triple setup? Like one of marks 72r in the valley and two s369s? I know of two trucks running that setup making pretty good power and they spool very well. I know kyles harbins truck makes around 1200 iirc. Not sure how fitment would work in the car though

Triples are very cool and awesome for street stuff.. unfortunately it makes torque that way.. and we don’t want torque... the true twins should knock the torque curve down from what I’ve researched

Back