Your setup plus dyno numbers V.2 VP ONLY

I think for most people smarty will cause your hp rating to be lower and torque number to be higher... i left my smarty off

What do you mean by "way to much going on there with electronics"?

between the hrvp, comp and smarty. the hot rod already does timing and the comp just tries to give it more and they end up fighting each other. same goes for the smarty even with the level you were running. i dyno'd last year with a tst/power puck/smarty......ended up taking the smarty off and the truck ran much stronger.

between the hrvp, comp and smarty. the hot rod already does timing and the comp just tries to give it more and they end up fighting each other. same goes for the smarty even with the level you were running. i dyno'd last year with a tst/power puck/smarty......ended up taking the smarty off and the truck ran much stronger.

So if I send in my comp box and get them to change it to fueling only, like they said in the beginning of the post and take off the smarty, it would dyno more hp?

sorry but your wrong jlbayes. a HRVP is basically a SO pump with HO electronics on top so to say. on my truck when i did 713hp i made almost 65 MORE hp with added timing from a box. i ran a TST comp and Power puck, the old style that goes directly to the back on the VP and made more hp than without a timing box setup. are you saying that a stock HO truck will make more hp with a fuel only box rather than a fuel and timing box? same electronics on the VP as a HRVP. i have seen the pumps apart and anyone who says that a HRVP is more than this i would challenge them, unless i got screwed up the azz 2 and did not get a true HRVP. just saying that most trucks are differnt and i gains WAY more power with a timing setup than without. and its proven that a smarty will lose hp on a dyno no matter what settings are used on it. best stack i had ever ran was a drag comp in ez mode and a Redline unlimited. with the redline on 92% and the drag comps timing maxed, it was a KILLER setup.

Well I know when I take my smarty off and leave the drag comp it feels like a different truck (turd). And if the hrvp added timing don't you think they would tell you or let you know not to run a box with timing? I have ran my smarty on 9 and comp on 5 before when I first got it and I did it for a second and ill never do it again! Because you'll know really quick when you have two things adding timing.

MY truck with an HRVP definetly likes some timing, but not as much as SO pumps... IMO,like on the quad I dynoed the best with timing on 4, and most SO guys run like 7 or so.... as for a smarty, I have ran one with a few setups both with timing and without and the truck may feel alot better down low, I sacrificed a bunch on the topend.....

Everything I've ever read indicates an actual drop in power on a dyno with a smarty stack but always feels stronger on the street because of the bottom end grunt.
I'm curious what I really need to do with mine. I'm seriously just about done thinking and go mechanical.

sorry but your wrong jlbayes. a HRVP is basically a SO pump with HO electronics on top so to say. on my truck when i did 713hp i made almost 65 MORE hp with added timing from a box. i ran a TST comp and Power puck, the old style that goes directly to the back on the VP and made more hp than without a timing box setup. are you saying that a stock HO truck will make more hp with a fuel only box rather than a fuel and timing box? same electronics on the VP as a HRVP. i have seen the pumps apart and anyone who says that a HRVP is more than this i would challenge them, unless i got screwed up the azz 2 and did not get a true HRVP. just saying that most trucks are differnt and i gains WAY more power with a timing setup than without. and its proven that a smarty will lose hp on a dyno no matter what settings are used on it. best stack i had ever ran was a drag comp in ez mode and a Redline unlimited. with the redline on 92% and the drag comps timing maxed, it was a KILLER setup.

other responses in this thread confirmed what i said and so did you in a way. the hrvp does not like all the timing like an SO pump does due to the fact that the pump electronics add more timing. does it like timing yes.....just not to the same extent as say what my truck would. i am not a fan of smarty since i had run one last fall. i did not like what it did for my top end power.

What settings were you running? I'm just running timing in mine with everything else turned off in revo, when I dynoed I had the duration turned up which I think contributed to the low number

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

01 5 speed

EJWA on level 2
DAP 75hp sticks
Hx35
BHAF
3 inch pusher intake
Fass hd
4dp to 5sp

320hp/720tq

First run truck made new goodies now to get some better numbers next time.

01 5 speed

EJWA on level 2
DAP 75hp sticks
Hx35
BHAF
3 inch pusher intake
Fass hd
4dp to 5sp

320hp/720tq

First run truck made new goodies now to get some better numbers next time.

What's the reasoning for only being on level 2?

SO
Quad Adrenaline (on lvl 4/6)
DFI 7x.012 SAC
he351cw(stock sized wastegate) over S475/96/1.32
Slipping valair 12.25" ceramic single disk clutch

539hp with no torque number
9/30/12

708 Uncorrected Fuel Only with a hot comp, 6x18's, hrvp, 64/480, fass 220 9/14/2013
634 with a smarty, edge, so vp and a silver 64, ad 165 4/6/11

Back