03 lb7 build

carslut

plasma smoker
After 200,000 miles of service the stock turbo let go..... so the time has come to "repair" things under the hood.

here's my truck..... 2003 lb7, solid axle, 3" coilovers, efilive, suncoast trans and all the other odds and ends to go with them

final-11.jpg

started getting parts today and the guys at ppe were awesome to deal with and got me setup with a Garrett turbo and the goodies to get it installed........

plan is full top end is coming out of the truck and getting freshened up. if the pistons/block look okay ill leave them alone.

as of now parts going in will be........

arp studs

1459361410944-1068907513.jpeg

Garrett gt40 turbo (non waste gated housing and no external..... going full non gated turbo)

40%20with%20turbo_LRG.jpg

grade - C head gaskets

**** ton of gasket/seals

balanced injectors

mild port/polish

3 angle valve job

guides/seals/good valves

custom down pipe

custom intake

custom boost tubes

and the other odds and ends.......

new gears

eaten e-locker

94616-lg.jpg

seal-it inner shaft seals

5a7692db264609fa4aae7e6b7fc43456

PSC freshened up the steering gear box

rebuilt all the joints

new front shaft

dmax-7.jpeg

dmax-6.jpeg

dmax-4.jpeg

dmax-1.jpeg

Last edited:
it has taken a while to get parts delivered but finally some progress...........

old motor/turbo setup

dmx-1.jpg

discovered the valve for the waste gate did break while running on the dry lake. no idea where the valve went but i am happy it didn't go back into the turbo and cause more damage

dmx-2.jpg

to help the new larger turbo do its job properly i built all new boost tubes and a larger Y-bridge for the manifolds.

dmx-3.jpg

new turbo setup all mocked into position

dmx-5.jpg

on to exhaust, had to modify the down-pipe due to use of a riser block between the turbo and pedestal. having the heads out of the way made this much faster than expected.

dmx-6.jpg

while the heads are off they are getting a full rebuild. since most heads i work with are Chevy or import multi valve these wet injector cups are quiet the trip to see.

dmx-4.jpg

lots more to do before any parts go back onto the motor :blahblah1:

Back