Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Import Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Import Diesel VW TDI, Mercedes, and other Import Diesel Discussion can be found here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #21
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
I had a blast driving our 09 before the buy back. The TDI Cup DSG tune is worth every penny. Malone stage 2 was great as well on stock fuel and air. Don't listen to the TDI Forum guys. They're paranoid about everything and don't like figuring stuff out.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #22
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper View Post
Leave the TDI alone and just drive it. Go hot rod your Cummins instead.
Well, not really wanting to hot rod it, just kinda disappointed in the fuel mileage, and looking for ways to improve it. With the drive I have now, my old car would have most likely averaged about 48mpg, this one is about 40mpg. Now I know the deeper gear ratio won't allow the same mileage, but I'd think about 45mpg should be achievable.

The DSG tunes have good reviews, I'm just not seeing much of a return on investment. I know my other options will likely take yrs to pay back, but with a 100+ mile commute daily, it will eventually save money.

And man those forums can be something else at times! To those guys, everything is perfect from the factory, those engineers know best!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 10-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #23
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Member`s Gallery
Do you run the AC everyday up in Ohio?
I found that on my 13 TDI the AC made a 2-3 mpg negative difference. It took a long time to convince myself that was the case. I hand calculated every tank of fuel I burned in that car. In the winter time mileage was up across the board because AC was off most of the time.
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Old 10-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #24
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper View Post
Do you run the AC everyday up in Ohio?
I found that on my 13 TDI the AC made a 2-3 mpg negative difference. It took a long time to convince myself that was the case. I hand calculated every tank of fuel I burned in that car. In the winter time mileage was up across the board because AC was off most of the time.
Pretty much have been. Think last night may have been the first time I didn't, temps finally dropped a little, was hoping to see the on board lie-o-meter go up, but it decided to do a regen so it was actually down a little!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Closed Thread