Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
micker12

Name: micker12
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
EGR cooler?

Hey guys, Im thinking my truck just ate another EGR cooler. The truck has had a list if issues, head gaskets, high pressure oil pump, egr cooler's & oil coolers, injectors, ficm, ecm, you name it ive probably broken at least once. Where im going with this is that the truck is an 05 with 77K now and I just had Ford put a EGR cooler in it less then 4k ago, and that was the forth one! I scan the truck today and my oil temp was 238 and my eng temp was 187, so Im in trouble again. I work on Nissans everyday, so I have a general understanding if you know what I mean, but 4k im thinking something is taking these coolers out. What do you guys think? The truck has exhaust, k&n thats it, other then a 5-disk torque convertor. I like the truck I like to think one day it will all be fixed

Old 12-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
PSDPlayer

Name: PSDPlayer
Title: Captain Negativity!
Member`s Gallery
And the tuner in the truck? Are the oil cooler and egr cooler being replaced together or what? When you replaced the last oil cooler what did you do to flush all of the contamination from the cooling system?

Is the cooler blocked off or is the exhaust still pumping through it?

Old 12-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
micker12

Name: micker12
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
No tuner, and yeah the thing has been flushed. The oil cooler was just replaced with the EGR cooler. I dont know

Closed Thread