2017+ performance abilities.

blackmega3500

So since there's not much on the interwebs, what's the new 2017+ capable of with mods?

Had a 2017+ 3500 dually trying to blow smoke on me yesterday and after me attempting to "adult" I took the bait after getting tired of doing the while think before I act thing. Did a hard drop shift from 80 busted my rear duals loose and in no time he was in the rear view of my 12k lb slug with me doing 120 maybe cruising at 40% throttle. He did a so so job at trying to keep up for what it was, but it was my first time dealing with a modded 2017+ and if I would've gone full throttle it really wouldn't have been fair for him:lolly:!

Personally a hate the body of the new heavy duty Ford's, and the prices are beyond stupid. With that aswell, wouldn't think the performance demand would be too high yet considering the buyer.

From my understanding, they can't be "tuned". The only ones running around deleted are a factory non US based calibration. (Not sure how that happened), they are supposed to be uncrackable like the 17+ GMs. Now I'm sure a harness box is available like for the GM, but the ECM itself can't be touched.

Last edited:
From my understanding, they can't be "tuned". The only ones running around deleted are a factory non US based calibration. (Not sure how that happened), they are supposed to be uncrackable like the 17+ GMs. Now I'm sure a harness box is available like for the GM, but the ECM itself can't be touched.

That's fair. I just know this thing definitely did not have a dpf based on amount of smoke and had that God awful hair dryer sound!

If you have enough coin lying around to buy a platinum 2017+ 350 dually, then likely have the coin to mid it with whatever hacks are on the market.

Last edited:
IMG_0708.JPG

They can be and are tuned. Not my trucks graph, but exact same tuning that I’m running. We’ve had the extra power stuff for a little while now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tune and exhaust, thats it on that truck. Most definitely a solid demand for these. This tuner (Patriot Diagnostic Systems) and one or two others are the only ones currently with TCM tuning capabilities. There’s a few others tuning these trucks using the EZ Lynk, but they don’t currently have the ability to tune the TCM.

Tune and exhaust, thats it on that truck. Most definitely a solid demand for these. This tuner (Patriot Diagnostic Systems) and one or two others are the only ones currently with TCM tuning capabilities. There’s a few others tuning these trucks using the EZ Lynk, but they don’t currently have the ability to tune the TCM.

What can the trans hold?

I've had mine tuned for about 10,000 miles on nothing but the highest setting with 0 issues. I'm far from an expert but in my limited experience and reading, 600 with good tcm tuning it should be flawless.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've had mine tuned for about 10,000 miles on nothing but the highest setting with 0 issues. I'm far from an expert but in my limited experience and reading, 600 with good tcm tuning it should be flawless.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? If that's true that is awesome

I love everything I hear! I just can't get past the looks of them, I feel the same way on the 4th gen rams.

I mean damn, why is the top of the line duallys 100k?!

I love everything I hear! I just can't get past the looks of them, I feel the same way on the 4th gen rams.

With all the previous generations of Ford, I've felt the same way initially about them, then they've grown on me. With these trucks, for some reason, I've loved them from the get go. I had a 2015 platinum previous to my 17 platinum, and these new ones are in a whole nother class.

What dually is 100k other than the F450 Limited DRW with every available option checked off with tax?

View attachment 68761

They can be and are tuned. Not my trucks graph, but exact same tuning that I’m running. We’ve had the extra power stuff for a little while now.

So someone at Ford gave up the code? Didn't think the ECM could be reflashed without an authorized key code.

Unless Fords security on the ECM wasn't jack compared to GM?

So someone at Ford gave up the code? Didn't think the ECM could be reflashed without an authorized key code.

Unless Fords security on the ECM wasn't jack compared to GM?

It doesn’t seem to be anything near what GM has on theirs.

Back