7.3 not wanting to run...

displacedtexan

$500 PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've got an odd problem. It's acting like one of the injector harnesses under the valve cover is loose under a load. I've pulled and checked both of them.

It idles and revs just fine in park and neutral.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OK,.. Going out on a limb here. Revs and such in park fine but after you drive it a bit it starts losing power and kinda starts missing etc?? YES?NO ???

Codes?? Any at all ??

Last edited:
Yes, Exactly.

Figured it out. Someone is some small town was still selling summer fuel...

Gelled up.

Check the connector on top of the drivers side valve cover. Unplug it and look at the wires on the body side where they lay across the valve cover and see if they are rubbed through and shorting out on the valve cover

Yes, Exactly.

Figured it out. Someone is some small town was still selling summer fuel...

Gelled up.

Summer fuel?? Lmao. You meant shytty fuel. I was gonna tell ya your screens in you pick-up are clogged and need to be cleaned..youll prolly have to do that soon.

Also, no code scanner. It happened farther out than cell service would reach...

I spent a few hours tracing and checking every possible wire.

Yeah, I'm being optimistic... Had to buy some fuel in a crappy small town.

Thank goodness for white Powerservice!

Summer fuel?? Lmao. You meant shytty fuel. I was gonna tell ya your screens in you pick-up are clogged and need to be cleaned..youll prolly have to do that soon.

Not that it matters but I work for Marathon Petroleum at a fuel tanker fueling terminal and there is different recipes of Ultra low sulfer diesel that come in on our piplines and barges for winter that starts to come in around mid November

Not that it matters but I work for Marathon Petroleum at a fuel tanker fueling terminal and there is different recipes of Ultra low sulfer diesel that come in on our piplines and barges for winter that starts to come in around mid November

Yes it "could make a difference" but, I dont believe its been cold enough,long enough anywhere yet to cause gelling issues with properly maintianed fuel.
And I dont want toi hear,"youre in TN what would you know about cold" cuz Ive got the trump card on that. Mmk.

Back