Street driven 13mm pump

00 black ram

Cummin's Enthusiast
I am curious to see how many of you guys are running this pumps on the street and what you running as a set-up to make them more streetable. I know it is not really a streetable pump, but I have seen on here and been driving mine for a couple months. I am running a s466 billet turbo and 7x14 sacs, the power is ridiculous. I am wanting to know what some of you guys are running if you don't mind to share.

Thanks Matt

I ran one on the street for about 2 weeks. Not sure if it was the Pump, injectors or what, but it was almost undriveable!!!!

The sucker would lope so bad it would push through the brakes at a stop. And every time I even thought about touching the go edale, it would black out the sun!

But, like I said, I think it was just more of the way the truck was set up, not just the 13mm pump. There are plenty of people running a 13mm with good luck on the street, If the truck is set up right and everything is tuned in right.

IMO, for street or anything driven more than a few times a week will never need (and wont like) a 13mm. If the truck is going to be a daily driver, not much is going to beat a well tuned 12mm!!!

a 13mm pump is just another pump when it comes to how they daily drive. I don't know how long they will last(have about 2 years and 12k miles on one of mine and it drives fine). If you want less power and more smoke, run a 12mm. If you don't mind spending a few dollars for a pump that will bump you up another 150hp all by itself, have a 13mm made. Consider it a christmas present for yourself.

i was also wondering this. I think you would be alot harder on a all out 12 than a well build 13.
I was thinking you wouldnt be stressing the pump so much and it would help keep it alive

I am curious to see how many of you guys are running this pumps on the street and what you running as a set-up to make them more streetable. I know it is not really a streetable pump, but I have seen on here and been driving mine for a couple months. I am running a s466 billet turbo and 7x14 sacs, the power is ridiculous. I am wanting to know what some of you guys are running if you don't mind to share.

Thanks Matt
Seems like you'd need a lot more charger with a 13mm. You must be restricting your self a ton air wise.

I mean I need more air and I only got a 500cc 12mm(or suppose to be 500cc)

The pump I got is a nice pump, 400-800cc's set at 550 right now with around 25 degrees timing. The truck lopes some when you first start it up and lopes a lil when you shove the clutch in on shifts. It does however have a sorta "shake" to it when running around 1500ish rpms, which from what I gather is nature of a Quick-rate 13mm. I only drive the truck around a lil through the week and weekends. What I am most interested in knowing is if I could get this setup to start making power or pulling closer to 2K rpms. Right now I got to ease into it up to about 2500 rpms then take it to the floor otherwise it will flood out and just smoke like a coal train. Well it still looks like a coal train when its lit. lol

I would think you need to tune the afc and get more air in there.

Also while on the topic, does anyone think a 13mm with a very mild build would last longer and be more streetable than a all out 12?

there is debates over the honed out 12's or even real 13 p&b's having more likelyhood of sticking or hanging over a 12mm p/b.. also the walls being "thinner" would allow for some movement... i would think because the 13 has more volume to move quicker it has the benifiet of better timing and delivery rate but would also put more stress on the roller lifter, and cam over time..

if you were to keep a stock cam , i think it would keep the stress down to a minimum. you wouldnt need full rack or anything and most likely wouldnt need to run it up past 4500

if you were to keep a stock cam , i think it would keep the stress down to a minimum. you wouldnt need full rack or anything and most likely wouldnt need to run it up past 4500

You're still increasing the amount of fuel delivered vs. plunger lift, so you're gonna put more force on the cam.

Back