p-pump 24 in progress need some input

02fuelhog

I've got almost everything i need and i won't to put a 12v cam in this thing so i can run a manuel lift pump , but would like to put a after market cam in but i don't know what size to buy and still run stock springs and still be a daily driver [reliability]. I hope to make around 500-550 when i'm done. Thanks for the help, Stephen

A F1 Helix 2 has a lobe for the mechanical pump and dosent require valve springs to run it but they are recomended.

Brett

A F1 Helix 2 has a lobe for the mechanical pump and dosent require valve springs to run it but they are recomended.

Brett

X2 on the F-1 cam, I did the conversion last month and that's what I used. I didn't use the cam for the lp/lobe, I used it for the bolt on gear design. I use a FASS 260GPH @ 50psi.

Well the reason for even lookin at swappin out to manuel pump is the truck i bought a 95 12v for the pump,brackets,cables and the whole front piece to mount the pump to plus what ever else i may need and sell what i don't need. I'm runnin a glacier lp and it works great but i think i have to pull the cam to get the front piece off. If i can afford it i was just gonna upgrade the cam whlie i'm in there,may or may not run a manuel lp, don't know yet. Let me ask a dumd question, right now i'm runnin a comp box do i need to run this after the swap??

Thanks, thats what i thought but i had to ask. Istill need fuel lines for p-pump to 24v . If ya'll know of someone who has a set preferably used do to lak of money let me know please. Thanks Stephen

Its rare that anyone will have a used set of those lines. Once you go ppump, I don't know why anyone would go back..

Getblown5.9 has a set, but I don't remember what kind of condition they were in. If you are going to buy a new set I would talk to Garrett at Pure Diesel Power.

Rick

Yeah, ididn't think anyone would take a set off unless they're going bigger. Thanks for the input, Stephen, I''ll just probobly buy new. Thanks again

Getblown5.9 has a set, but I don't remember what kind of condition they were in. If you are going to buy a new set I would talk to Garrett at Pure Diesel Power.

Rick

TJ's are .120" lines and one MAY need to be replaced. PM him, he wants smaller lines.

Thanks for the info but i think those may be to big for me. I'm not sure of that but this is my daily driver for now. What size do ya'll think i may need? Thanks agian Stephen

I think that stock lines will do you fine for up to about 550. You go too much bigger and I've read of problems with the truck idling well. I know there are some on here that have bigger and run just fine though. There is a used set in the classifieds right now, .093s I believe for $400 bux I'm pretty sure.

James

I run .093's with .093 tubes, no driveability issues at all. I'm runniing 22* timing with .024 DV's and this thing runs just as smooth as it did with the vp. A little smokey when I first start it when it's cold out, but that clears up once I drive it for a minute.

I have a dumb question! Would one need to change the cam in a 24v p-pump swap? Is it just to run the stock lift pump, and if so why would you need it. :what:

I think that stock lines will do you fine for up to about 550. You go too much bigger and I've read of problems with the truck idling well. I know there are some on here that have bigger and run just fine though. There is a used set in the classifieds right now, .093s I believe for $400 bux I'm pretty sure.

James

i know of a truck with stock .078 lines thats in the mid 700hp range. bigger is not always better for sure.

I have a dumb question! Would one need to change the cam in a 24v p-pump swap? Is it just to run the stock lift pump, and if so why would you need it. :what:

I installed a F-1 cam for the bolt on gear design. Some gears have walked, causing front to back cam slop. I know two trucks that have done it, one was modified and one was stock. The transmission had to be dropped to replace the rear plate which was leaking oil due to the cam movement.

I took my stock VP lines heated them up and straightened them and then rebent them to fit my ppump/24v. 3k miles so far so good. Saved me 400-500 bones!

I took my stock VP lines heated them up and straightened them and then rebent them to fit my ppump/24v. 3k miles so far so good. Saved me 400-500 bones!

Man, I'd love to see a bigger picture of those lines. Glad you were able to make them work!!

Haisley Machine makes a billet cam gear retainer for the "12V", but it will work on either 12/24. Pure Diesel Power advertises them at $40.

Ditto on those lines!^^^

Back