24V P-pump conversion?

" THE DEMIZE"

"Talkin Big Boy Ice"
Hay guys this my first post here on comp D. I was going to tackle a 24v p-pump conversion and was wondering what I would be needed from a 12v engine.

so far I know I need

p-7100 pump
injector line's
injector's

thanks steve-0

Well, you won't need the injectors or the lines from the 12V since they won't swap over onto a 24V. But you can get use the pump brackets, linkages, throttle cable, oil line and timing gear housing. The lines you have to buy a set from someone who makes them and 24V injectors work fine, you just have to have the pop-off pressure changed...

I forgot you also need an adapter so you can make the cam position sensor work. And you need the 12V pump gear...

I've always seen it measured in BAR, but I don't know the pressure off the top of my head... 280 is in my head, but I can't remember if thats VP or P7100.

280 bar is 4061PSI

I set my 12V injectors to 4300ish i suppose since your useing the same pump you would set them around there $.02

Anyone know what happens when pop off in not set high enough? Mine are set to 270 bar by DDP.

hazy idle and poorer performance at lower rpm, better performance up high

typical p pump injectors have a lower pop due to the injection event, vp are fast and higher pressure than the p pump. someone will argue but this is what i have been taught, it makes since when you think about it.

im wanting to covert to p-pump also. so let get this right you can use your 24V injectors you just have to change the pop off? and does any one know if you there are any cheaper kits than this one from haisley? im just a broke college kid looking for power:bang

The other thing you can do is wait until the pieces you need are for sell on the forum. I am currently undergoing the process of gathering the parts. It hasnt been easy but it is possible and can cost you less.

im wanting to covert to p-pump also. so let get this right you can use your 24V injectors you just have to change the pop off? and does any one know if you there are any cheaper kits than this one from haisley? im just a broke college kid looking for power:bang

If your just wanting power, hop up the VP truck. You can get to 500hp alot cheaper than you can p-pump one to 500hp.

But to answer your question, you can use any 24 valve injector, and you can even do it without changing the pop pressure. The best running setups have the injectors specifically setup for the P-pump and are sized to your application. The best setup for sled pulling, or dynoing, or drag racing is not the best for towing. Every application is different.

Cheapest way to do it would be to pick up a 12v that chucked a rod or something similar. Of course, a good 12v would make you more money as you could sell the long block for a good chunk of change. Then buy the injector lines and should be pretty close to being ready to go. Put a cam in it while you're at it, and run the 12v lift pump to start.

hazy idle and poorer performance at lower rpm, better performance up high

typical p pump injectors have a lower pop due to the injection event, vp are fast and higher pressure than the p pump. someone will argue but this is what i have been taught, it makes since when you think about it.

X2 on that one

p-pump conversion

is 4500 psi to high for pop off pressure? I had Joe Hackman at Scheid Diesel set mine. they are 6x15 running a 12mm full built cds pump .093 lines and holders just askin. timing is set at 19* and still use it as a farm truck.

Back