How much are these 7.3s worth these days?

ThatGuy01

I'm acquiring a 1996 f450 cab and chassis truck, 10ft stake bed, 5 speed, 2WD, reman engine (hopefully I can acquire paperwork proof) about a year ago, hardly any rust, but the paint is faded heavily. It's got over 200k on the odometer but the odometer hasn't worked for a while. The truck was a work truck for the company I work for, so it was serviced by a shop pretty religiously...
The problem is word-of-mouth means nothin when it comes to flipping an older truck with the odometer not working. If I can get that fixed, throw a single stage coat of paint on it, paint the bed back to black instead of a scratched faded version of black... How much are these trucks selling for minimum in non rust, mechanically safe condition?! I just want something that's not a mile and a half long but I got a good deal on it lol.

Thanks guys.

0e29dbe50aaf44641013f20e8f1d3ee9.jpg
c74b1adc1809b4ef22e489a5da754576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy it to sell it? Is that why you are asking? Its hard to name a price. It all depends on what the buyers want at the time. At the right place you might get 4 to 5 for it if it was cleaned up with fresh paint on the bed.

Take a look at fleebay.. sometimes the 7.3 sells with a crazy price tag.

Dang it's been a while I figured this thread was long gone, I did originally buy it to flip it, but quickly changed my mind after driving it around a while. It's kinda nice! I did find a few things wrong with it, replaced water pump last night and cut the headache rack off this morning, it needs two new fenders and some paint but I'm thinking I can make it a nice trail rig hauler...
11df8f9c7225f15d5c2db55f20445403.jpg
651463285a87a8c954f9497cdb967131.jpg
a lot like this white one I came across online! :) I did throw it on Craigslist as was for 2750 and got no bites so a heads up its not worth much to the general population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are keeping it. And plan to use it! There a good older pickup. I like my 97. i would love to restore it from the ground up someday.

As for prices a lot can be on location, how good of shape, 4x4 or 4x2. etc... I have seen some sell for 15k!! crew cab long box 4x4 with under 200k miles on it. Thats crazy if you ask me!

Enjoy the pickup!!

Back