Keeping oil funnel clean

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Anyone have pictures of a good setup to keep oil funnels clean in your shop? I keep some in a plastic tote but they still leak oil onto the bottom of the tote.

I can't stand needing to clean and oil funnel before each use. Just want to grab and go. I usually spray them out with brake cleaner after each use.

dry off with towel as much as you can, and big ziplock bag. or you can saran wrap the top of them off. If you are feeling adventurous, built a little drip rack for them on your wall. pegs to hold them, and a tray underneath to catch drippings.

Store them upside down on a shelf with an oil absorbent pad under them. Replace pad as needed. No dust or debris to worry about.

Or hang them horizontal from the wall on a nail.

My shop is very dusty so having a naked funnel without some kind of cover wouldn't work. Sweeping the floor daily puts a huge dust cloud into the air in the shop. Tractors and truck backing in and out every day.

Some anal people actually brake clean them off and then put them in a sacred place. :)

Mark.

Upside down with a rag over the top. I have about 10 on a shelf for various uses and they stay perfectly clean. It ain’t real fancy looking though.

I’ve yet to find the best way. They always seem to get dirty enough to need “brake-cleaned” before use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I store all mine in my rag box...just throw em in there and shut the lid..keeps em pretty clean and if I gotta wipe one out...im already in the rag box

I’ve yet to find the best way. They always seem to get dirty enough to need “brake-cleaned” before use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never trust them to be clean so I spray them out before I use them every time. They get a shot of brake clean after use to stop any major drips and then go on the shelf until next time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I store mine upside down in a bucket, and just wipe it out, hardly ever felt the need to spray them clean.

I don't mind cleaning a funnel before use, finding the funnel is my problem. To many monkeys in one cage I guess. LOL

Back