Intermittent Airdog 150

ThatGuy01

Well my latest issue with the rig is this:

The other morning i hopped in the truck to go to work and turned the key into on position, and I noticed something, the fuel pump didn't give off the that loud ass grunt, so I turned it on and had 0 psi. Turned it off, checked the relay, couldn't get it to turn on when the key was on, so I jumped the relay with a wire and I turned on, I put the relay back in and it worked until today. I started to come home and the pump wasn't whining- again the meter showed 0-1 psi so again I turned it off, threw the trailer relay in it, still didn't work, jumped the pump and put the original relay that it had in it, turned the key on and Walah it turned on and works fine, idk wtf or where to start.... Check my wiring from the connector the truck has I suppose, as well ascheck the wiring in the air dog harness... But anyone had this issue?

contact pureflow and have them send you a new one.

and no: never had that issue, or any issue with my airdog150. been in there for 4 trouble free years.

By "jump the pump" should I assume that you just jumped 12VDC to the pump wire, bypassing the relay? If that did it, yes, check wiring for possible bad connections.

By "jump the pump" should I assume that you just jumped 12VDC to the pump wire, bypassing the relay? If that did it, yes, check wiring for possible bad connections.

Yep, and will do. I've got some fancy load test probes that might come in handy.

contact pureflow and have them send you a new one.

and no: never had that issue, or any issue with my airdog150. been in there for 4 trouble free years.

Yeah I like my pump and love the fact that it's loud for just this occasion

I think what he is saying is the female ends are possibly pushing back from good contact on the relay studs. Those type connectors I have seen the female part get loose and cause issues.

I think what he is saying is the female ends are possibly pushing back from good contact on the relay studs. Those type connectors I have seen the female part get loose and cause issues.

Ah I see! Well I went out after reading this and poked at me with a pocket screw driver and they are secure in place but the might mess with them to fit the blade a little better they could be work wide and not good contact I suppose, sti no issues as of now though

Your using the stock plug for the OEM fuel pump? Fuel pump driver in the ecm. Find another key on 12v source in the fuse box

Last edited:
Sorry. I've had to do a couple because it burns the driver out of the ecm. Starts as intermittent issue then one day it just won't work

Last edited:
i would say worn out brushes in the pump motor itself. mine took a crap one year ago and PF sent me a new motor.

run a new positive wire to the pump plug and see if the pump turns on EVERY time time you give it 12v. if the motor is worn out it will act like an old worn starter. tap it with a hammer! lol

Yeah it runs every time I put power to it, even when the truck doesn't get it to run I can get under the hood and cross the relay with ease. So it's not the pump IMO..

It did it today while going down the road and started up fine so now it's bothering me. If I was to make a Deutsch connector and feed it with resisted key on power would that be a proper fix or would that throw a code?

I should have added you keep your constant 12 volt on one side of the relay and then bring your 12 volt key on into the other side where the OEM fuel connector plugged in.just out of curiosity did you check the voltage coming from the ECM see how many Volts you had

Last edited:
Back