Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #381
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Well, it’s been a little while since I updated this because not a whole lot has changed. I started re-wiring the truck for the new transmission with trans brake and bump box. I got the trans back from Logan and it is awesome, I can’t wait to try it out.

I have been going back and forth on putting a mid plate in, but I still need to go through the engine and install some Wagler billet rods I got for it. I want to build the 5.9 shortblock up a little before I put bigger injectors in it. It has had some bearing material in the filters and I noticed it has a little excessive end play in the crank, so I’m sure it needs a thrust bearing. Hopefully the crank is still good and I can keep using it. It measured .019”, my book says .017” is Max spec. I have a 6.7 block and crank waiting for me do decide what I want to do... I really want a deckplate engine, my wallet doesn’t though.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 01-14-2021, 11:32 PM   #382
jlibert

Name: jlibert
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT View Post
Well, it’s been a little while since I updated this because not a whole lot has changed. I started re-wiring the truck for the new transmission with trans brake and bump box. I got the trans back from Logan and it is awesome, I can’t wait to try it out.

I have been going back and forth on putting a mid plate in, but I still need to go through the engine and install some Wagler billet rods I got for it. I want to build the 5.9 shortblock up a little before I put bigger injectors in it. It has had some bearing material in the filters and I noticed it has a little excessive end play in the crank, so I’m sure it needs a thrust bearing. Hopefully the crank is still good and I can keep using it. It measured .019”, my book says .017” is Max spec. I have a 6.7 block and crank waiting for me do decide what I want to do... I really want a deckplate engine, my wallet doesn’t though.

Keep at it man! You’re going to love the Loganbuilt transmission.

Old 02-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #383
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
Keep at it man! You’re going to love the Loganbuilt transmission.

I can’t wait man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-27-2021, 04:35 PM   #384
SPEEDSHIFT

Member`s Gallery
Update:

I got some 500% over King Cobra injectors, and decided to build a new sleeved 6.7.

Specs:
D&J flanged sleeves
D&J billet 4.125” custom pistons
D&J 14mm main girdle
D&J steel cam and tappets
Wagler competition rods
6.7 crank
6.7 block

I plan on probably selling some turbos and buying a GTX55 in 88 or 85mm. I haven’t made up my mind on CP3(s). I have a PPE dual pump kit with stock dmax pump and 10.6mm stroker... I would really like to just run a single 14mm I’m just not sure if it can support the HP I am after. I saw S&S makes a 14mm with a mechanical lift pump on the back. That would be really awesome because I wouldn’t need a billet cover, and I could remove my two Air Dog 165s. That pump would save me about 70lbs off my truck after it’s all done.

I also bought an On3 intercooler and plan on building new cold piping with Vibrant Vanjen fittings and move the radiator to the bed.

Closed Thread