Modified HX-35

jonjohnson88

Hello all.

Working on a recently acquired project of mine. It's a 97 eclb 2wd truck. I got it with no second gear. I've already rebuilt the transmission with several upgrades , and installed a used triple disk converter.

Also installed a set of Haley speed 5x.016 injectors , 4K springs and valve springs. I have studs , just waiting on my extra pedestals to get machined so I can install them.

The reason for this post is turbo decisions.
I'm wanting to build my own turbo , by modifying a stock hx35
I already have parts ordered , but am unsure of what exhaust housing to run. I'm stuck between modifying the stock one for wastegating of all 6 cylinders , or swapping to a larger 16cm non gated housing from an H1C. Anyone have input ?

Also not looking for a towing turbo , just making this a fun street toy that will see the track occasionally. Thanks for any and all input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think any turbine housing is going to make up for the microscopic turbine wheel size. Exactly how much power are you trying to get with an HX35? There are too many inexpensive aftermarket turbos on the market to spend time on the HX35; that's my input anyway....

Well, with that much fuel, you're already beyond what the HX35 can handle. I run a 60/60/12 hx35 "hybrid" on one of my trucks and with 5x13s and a VE pump, it's over fueled. With that much fuel and a pee pee, you need to be looking at an s362 or s363

Back