Anybody else have a bad experience with CPP

They should not offer two day shipping. There is absolutely nothing wrong with assuming you will get your parts in two days if that is what the company offers. If it's the shipping companies fault, that is a completely different story. CPP knowingly screwed up, and the customer suffers for it.

Last edited:
I purchased some intercooler boots for my Dodge truck. On Friday and paid for two day shipping. Got a hold of them and they shipped it UPS and said it should be here Friday. Not to mention two day shipping cost me $50 and won't even be here.

I just had all of my employees check email. I am watching all phones...nothing????? Give me your name and I personally will get them out today NDA so you have them in the morning if you paid for 2 day. I will also refund your money. Please contact me immediately, Jamie.

I ordered the push pull cable for my hand throttle and the end links. It took so long I forgot I ordered them!

098d296eb6a55fe6aaa0ab97d3d14271.jpg

Not to derail but I had this made and sent to me faster than I got the cable lol, but they are reasonable prices so I can't complain to much.

PM coming your way. I'm not sure what happened there, but we will get it figured out. :Cheer:

As a person being on the customer end of this sport or whatever it is, for years now, and now moving into the actual selling and such... I'm very unclear on why common parts, take so freaking long for people to get. I mean on my end, with a few exceptions... It's a very simple straight forward process.

As a person being on the customer end of this sport or whatever it is, for years now, and now moving into the actual selling and such... I'm very unclear on why common parts, take so freaking long for people to get. I mean on my end, with a few exceptions... It's a very simple straight forward process.

Because most place keep 0 inventory and have to order in before it can ship to the customer.

yep. that why i stock the $hit outta the stuff i sell. i love saying YES , i have it in stock.

That is a great thing. I understand it can be difficult at times, but at least your customers can rely on it.

I'm amazed that companies have no problem saying you can order parts through them and have it within a given timeframe. Yet have no clue when they will actually get them themselves.

Customer service over blowing smoke up your ass actually works....

Last edited:
Or even more common, they stock almost nothing and it ships from a Premier warehouse

I'll be straight up and say this type of thing is mostly what I do. However I'm not an online parts sales guy, eBay store, etc. We are a repair shop that we've made sure we have ample ability to provide most all aftermarket parts that are needed in our area.
With that being said, I can still get the common stuff out WAY sooner than most of the horror stories I've heard.

I'm confused as to why we must read "CPP this and that" threads every one or two years. Com'mon, Jamie. Get this schidt figured out man. You either have really crappy customers or something needs fixed. I wish ya the best.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5180.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm confused as to why we must read "CPP this and that" threads every one or two years. Com'mon, Jamie. Get this schidt figured out man. You either have really crappy customers or something needs fixed. I wish ya the best.

attachment.php

This... Its like, instead of doing our best, we slack off till things get outta hand and crap blows up, then we get back in gear.

Well I do have to say. He did fix the mistake and ship new boots overnight and are here now. He was very nice about what happened. I do appreciate him getting them to me in time for tonight. Just wish it didn't have to happen.

Last edited:
Proper business model or not, the drawback is that you must pay taxes at the end of the year on everything in "stock." It frustrates me to no end that we won't stock the things we use here due to this. The Navy calls up and wants a replacement wigit....sorry, the lead time is 12-14 week from the OEM then we have to add our assembly and test time to it.

It is not necessary to keep everything in stock, but it is necessary to state "drop shipped from OEM, non-stocked item" I would think just for ethical purposes. You might loose a few sales, but at least the customer would know what to expect and not bash your ass online every time something didn't come on time. $.02

I would rather pay the taxes.

Your other point is inconsequential to the conversation. Military logistics are a nightmare.

And just to be clear...I am not saying anything bad about Jamie or CPP. I have not done business with him.

I do however find it funny that every "diesel performance" place sells the same ten items, and customer service is the only thing to truly set one apart from another.

I would rather pay the taxes.

Your other point is inconsequential to the conversation. Military logistics are a nightmare.

Agreed. That is why I find it hard to believe that it is so hard to buy/sell/ship an air intake. LOL

And just to be clear...I am not saying anything bad about Jamie or CPP. I have not done business with him.

I do however find it funny that every "diesel performance" place sells the same ten items, and customer service is the only thing to truly set one apart from another.

Agreed as well. I'm not bashing him either, just flappin' my gums about what I see online.

Back