Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > StarLite Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
More sled pulling success....

So... it's that time of year again. Busy busy!! Can't keep up and turn times have been slower than in the off season - but already having some great luck with sled pulling and racers alike. This truck has been a fun one to work on!

The first one of dozens that I going on this year that I have video of:

I believe this truck put over 100 feet on the actual 2nd place finisher, but I don't have the official results... and there's more to come from this truck! I'll be posting more videos as i get them from other trucks.

Hope everyone is having a great season!

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Last edited by StarLite Diesel; 05-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Here's a better view of it.....

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
DaveMatthews

Name: DaveMatthews
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Good job bud.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
jesnic

Name: jesnic
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So you drove from Utah to pull in White Plains, Ga? I had a few friends and my brothers went to the Liberty pull last weekend. They all said there was a Dmax that was bad as heck. One of my buds said the truck was for sale? I don't know if Sport pulled or not. If so, how did he do? And which truck did he run?
02 QC LB, 4x4, ISSPRO gauges, garmonized trans, triple disk, hot rod vp44, dragon flow sticks, Garrett GT3782R, aem workhorse intake, 4:10, 4" silverline, BD RAD, comp as ez, smarty, raptor 150, 285/75/17 nittos, nav, dvd, twin 15" subs, 7.1 surround sound

Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesnic View Post
So you drove from Utah to pull in White Plains, Ga? I had a few friends and my brothers went to the Liberty pull last weekend. They all said there was a Dmax that was bad as heck. One of my buds said the truck was for sale? I don't know if Sport pulled or not. If so, how did he do? And which truck did he run?
Nope - didn't drive down from Utah :-)

Industrial built the motor for the truck and I am working on the tuning for it. So - not my truck, but now we have a few data logs of the truck going down the track (it pulled in all 3 classes) - there's some changes coming that'll help it drag the sled a bit further... Hoping to have all the bugs worked out but TS!! I'm excited to come to that event (yes, i will be there myself this time supporting this truck and some other customers too that wanted me to come)..

VERY excited to see where these trucks finish. That Liberty pull was a pretty big event itself - and to put 100+ FEET on second place out of that group of trucks - i'm very excited to see where it ends up!! Got a couple trucks at the drag strip to support, and also some trucks on the dyno.

Anyone that is looking for EFILive tuning, i'll be there - hit me up in PM if you want and we can chat. Nothing like being there in person with my customers!

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 05-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
ryanihw350

Name: ryanihw350
Title: 1stGENPULLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesnic View Post
There were 2 Bad duramaxes there, one flat black which is Jonathans(Sports) and Trey Foxs with the factory black. The Duramax that pulled the farthest that night was Trey Fox in the Open Class with a pull of 426ft. That truck has a built motor with a 3.0 Garrett Charger.
Sport didn't bring any of his Fords to pull this time just focusing on the D-Max. Its not for sale as far as I know, he just got it done.
Jonathan's truck pulled really good for his first time out in it. Zach has got it running real well with his tunning. In the 2.6 Class which was his farthest pull of the night he pulled 405ft. I got 2nd in that class and he put 25ft on me.

Down South Diesel

Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
see... now the numbers come out....

This is the info i was waiting to find out... i knew you guys pulled all 3 classes that night .... John said he stayed at 7500 pounds in all of them and that in the unlimited class you beat him... did you stay at weight or did you bump up to whatever the limits allow (the rules back your direction are different than what i'm used to over here so forgive my confusion and questions. Here it is 8000 in every class except pro-mod)

Anyways - good to get some other views on the subject. I knew the truck was going to do well, but i honestly didn't expect a win (especially by the distances i was told) the first time out.... so now that we have data to work with and he knows what changes I need him to make to the truck, i'm truly excited to see what it does this weekend as we approach TS. You going to that Ryan?

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
ryanihw350

Member`s Gallery
I weighed the same for 8500 open class. I weighed out at 7800lbs which is the same weight as i had for 8000 2.6 class. My truck weighs 6400lbs empty.
In the open class i came out of the hole harder and stayed in it longer and put 20ft my first pull with a distance of 391.
With our sled momentum means alot more than weight most of the time. So i never weigh the limit on the class. We have a speed sled.

We have the 8500 weight classes for the crew cab Fords since there is alot that like to pull.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qp122a

Down South Diesel

Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
ryanihw350

Member`s Gallery
My mph was 19 in the 8000 2.6 and i thought i seen 20.9 when went by the score board in the 8500. I believe on trey fox's run of 426ft he went 24mph. I have no idea what sports ground speed was but will give you an idea of what you need to achieve, maybe 4th gear. I know trey shifted to 4th.

Down South Diesel

Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #10
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
This thread has slowed down - but I have many more success stories of sled pullers the past couple of months. I just haven't been able to stay caught up on the forums. You can check out our facebook page to see more of the trucks go and the results. Been able to help dozens of customers this year get their trucks to the front of the pack - from work stock to 3.0 class.... Follow us on FaceBook to get the latest updates as we get them to share!

FaceBook Page

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Got some more videos of some trucks the past two weeks. This truck is in the 2.6 class and has won 5 of the pulls he's been to this year. Daily driven 2.6 truck.

BlackedOut - Chris - 2.6 class

StarLiteDiesel.com

Closed Thread