Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
I'm currently running SDX 300bar 7X10's in my 02. Not liking them at all, probably the worst value of 2hrs spent working on the truck ever. I came from 6X13's SAC's and going back to them soon. I have another set of SDX 300 bar 7X13's I guess that I should try out.

I'm still not sure of which way to go with my old truck when I build the new engine for the truck. So many choices these days.

Every 12V that I've built has run decent and fuel good when tuned. Same goes for the current VP, you just need the right parts. Best power I've made was 673rwhp on VP back in 05
I've had good luck with my 7 x .013's, but I just got a set of 6 x .019's back from Exergy to try. I didn't increase the fueling when i went to the 6.7 and it's running really nice, but I can tell by the smoke and egts that it could use some more fuel. I worry about the tighter angled 6 holes being alot smokier

Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Mike Holmen

Name: Mike Holmen
Title: the Diesel dude
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
I have had 700hp plus vps since 06. My current 99 is going threw the conversion now as we speak. I am tired of replacing vps. I guess I am getting old lol. I would much rather have dependable over super performance any day. And being a VP is not dependable and still will never make what you can with a ppump I am doing the conversion

sent from my galaxy s3
For a daily driver I think that are other big issues to deal with than the VP. I have never killed a VP completely but there may come a day at some point.

The other day one of my front disk caliper (passenger side) stuck full on brakin. Almost burnt the truck down, started a fire, I saw flames coming out of the disk area.

Worst part is I got ripped off by the local brake shop just cause they refused to reuse my old rotors. I had to buy brand new two front rotors and calipers.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
Mike Holmen

Name: Mike Holmen
Title: the Diesel dude
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
I've had good luck with my 7 x .013's, but I just got a set of 6 x .019's back from Exergy to try. I didn't increase the fueling when i went to the 6.7 and it's running really nice, but I can tell by the smoke and egts that it could use some more fuel. I worry about the tighter angled 6 holes being alot smokier
My truck sounds weird with the 7 hole, I agree that the truck runs/starts better with 6 holers. Run seven hole nozzles are clean for the size and egt's are ok. Wow 6X19's them are big nozzles, did you run them for your track/dyno runs? I've run 6X13's but unsure of what pop pressure they are set at. Probably fairly low, as they are hazey

Closed Thread