Interest in a North East Diesel Racing Division

Hey To all the new members- lets keep this topic fresh- How bout it? Northeasterners? Do we not want our own division? The more chatter about this the better off we are. WE NEED A DIVISION UP HERE!!!!!

For sure! im working on some new fliers to post around the berkshires (my area). Ive been wanting something to happen for ages! fuggetabout traveling 1000+ miles for an event LOL

TwiztedMetal said:
fuggetabout traveling 1000+ miles for an event LOL

Exactly, $300 for fuel to goto Indy, I think Im staying home, trucks not ready & nobody wants to go.

I think a couple of events to try out this year would be good to see how things will go, rather than just starting something & find out its got problems.

Without a doubt the traveling part sucks.This week 36 hrs for KY two weeks another 36 for indy.It gets old quick hotels food fuel time away and we are always running on the ragged edge trying to test.We have already traveled over 10,000 miles this year racing gas/or diesel vehicles and fuel is killing everyone.So lets figure out the best way to get this going soon

Absolutly Scott...as much as id really like to go, i still have my business to run etc and it makes it hard to leave for a week. Now if an event was closer i would have no problem going for a day :)

Dom

Yep, nothing like driving all day, catching the race for a day or 2 & spend another day driving, then factor in all the rising expenses.

It would be much nicer going 8hrs max. race, stay the night & return the next day.
Let the guys from the Mid-West & down South have Dhra.

Being I'm down here in Georgia, my dog ain't in this show but, what sanction, if, any were you looking at? Everything we do ain't DHRA, just the sanctioning body for a "championship", is in place. So we use it.

..Preston..

Last edited:
RacinDuallie said:
I just can't seem to keep this outta my mind, it's always fresh here......:evil

Me too, I used to crewchief for my dad with his stockcars, I just got tired of being behind the wall & want to do my own thing. Driving in circles & crashing is not my cup of tea.

Heres a thought, to get the ball rolling, list a diesel or a truck event in the NE from now to the end of the season. If a good amount of people would show, then it could be used as an example when going to track management for a future series.

heres one for example

Sep 24 Sun New England Dodge Dealers All Truck Nationals
Trucks only - gates open at 8 AM

There's the Diesel Truckin Nats in mid Sept. Raceway Park- Old bridge Twp. Englishtown, NJ. I'll post the actual correct date for this event- when I find out.

Noreaster said:
Heres a thought, to get the ball rolling, list a diesel or a truck event in the NE from now to the end of the season. If a good amount of people would show, then it could be used as an example when going to track management for a future series.

heres one for example

Sep 24 Sun New England Dodge Dealers All Truck Nationals
Trucks only - gates open at 8 AM

Great idea, and thats the point I was trying to make in the other thread that we hijacked.

Now you guys are thinking. :bigsmile:

Just don't forget though you all have to be in Atlanta September 9th for my race. LOL

Something I'd like to add....

We will need sponsors to put up for these Northeast Divisional events, purses to class runner ups and winners. So any of the Diesel shops, suppliers ect interested please feel free to post.

We have the interest to gather members for this N.E. Division- this is the next step. If we have people interested in joining for events then we will need to be assured that we will have something to bring the racers in to run...

This is getting VERY interesting indeed.......

Me thinks that since the other Diesel Associations seem to hold different ideals on us Northeasterners, maybe we should separate us from them and form our own association, instead of trying to beat a dead horse with the existing ones............

Back