Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Pulling my rig out of the storage yard. Looks dry. No, not dry. 100yards from the gate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399072217.460255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

welp the 378 is down for the count.. shop confirmed cracked sleeve on cylinder #3 coolant leaking into cylinder... shop said 15-20k for a new rebuilt motor?? anyone know of anyone that's cheaper in the Midwest, or know of any solid B model cat motors laying around?? im pretty bummed out, ole man is wanting to just sell it and buy a ch613 mack he found.. I cant take it. i need class under my A$$ lol...thanks

I know where there's a good running 4MG sitting on a stand.

Nothing makes a day better like getting pushed up a hill by a cat. Lol
puta8e6u.jpg

There oughta be some pulls coming up soon, I still need to get a new bigger set of injectors on the way, but that's not a necessity. When that happens the PT pump is coming off to have some more rpm coaxed out of it.

Last edited:
There oughta be some pulls coming up soon, I still need to get a new bigger set of injectors on the way, but that's not a necessity. When that happens the PT pump is coming off to have some more rpm coaxed out of it.
Would be easier and cheaper to leave the pump/injectors alone and just install a turbo with really chitty oil seals. Free unlimited RPM.:woohoo:

Would be easier and cheaper to leave the pump/injectors alone and just install a turbo with really chitty oil seals. Free unlimited RPM.:woohoo:

I kind of like this one, plus I don't feel like catching any shrapnel in the cab. It definitely needs new injectors, these are putting fuel in the oil. I think it should sound pretty good at 3500rpm.

I think there's one used 10mm lift cam for 855 lying somewhere around here, that would give you some power.

I may not get to it this year, but I may look into having one reground to increase injector travel, for now I will be trying those larger injector internals to see what the do with standard lift.

I may not get to it this year, but I may look into having one reground to increase injector travel, for now I will be trying those larger injector internals to see what the do with standard lift.

You found them somewhere ?

High lift cam needs modified injectors or they will not last long, I think stock injector is made for max 6mm travel.

They are for the K series injectors, but the place I plan on having do the work uses a K barrel and plunger in their big injectors for big cams.

You found them somewhere ?

High lift cam needs modified injectors or they will not last long, I think stock injector is made for max 6mm travel.

Factory twin turbo 855s have a lift of .266" versus the .224" of the standard engine, STC has .272" and standard parts will work well with all these.

Factory twin turbo 855s have a lift of .266" versus the .224" of the standard engine, STC has .272" and standard parts will work well with all these.

But not with 10mm travel, they need modified lubrication grooves. And very big nozzles or something will crack from pressure.

But not with 10mm travel, they need modified lubrication grooves. And very big nozzles or something will crack from pressure.

Seems like this would take more engineering than just upping diameter, I have heard about the big lift cams but never any information about the injector parts used or even where to buy them.

I have heard about the big lift cams but never any information about the injector parts used or even where to buy them.
I know only one man who does them and he lives here in Finland. Others have tried but their injectors usually failed quite soon.

But yes, larger internals would be easier and 11mm plunger might give about the same fuel than 10mm travel with 9mm plunger.

Last edited:
Back